Author Topic: I'm Back :)  (Read 14535 times)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
Re: I'm Back :)
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2013, 03:56:53 AM »
Thanks Morgan! It seems nuts, the first time around that I lost 90 pounds on FTS was SO easy. Second time, NOT so easy. I don't know if I know how hard it is, if I'm kind of down and so far in the rut I feel I can't get out, upset about the cheating and set back and thinking how far ahead I'd be had I stuck to it, or a combination of all of that...but I'm so down I'm having a hard time getting out. :\ it's ridiculous. Everytime I meet someone new I think, I wish they would have seen me a year and a half ago...I was SO small :( today someone mentioned that the reason they are the way they are is because they are athletic...I thought to myself, you're assuming I'm not because I'm fat :\ not true at all. I hate this. What eats me up is jealousy and that some people can eat whatever they want and stay skinny (MY HUSBAND is a GREAT example) and I can eat 2 strawberries too much and gain three pounds! UGH
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2013, 04:17:42 AM »
Yep TT, I understand completely.  My ex was like that too.  Could stuff his face all day and not an ounce would he gain.  Just not fair.  I had lost weight too (on a different lifestyle) and piled that back on as well and wished people had noticed me then.  But the past is the past and nothing you can do about it.  Today is the present and all we have to work with.  You have had a few health problems and you have had a baby  - it all takes it's toll.

Be positive about yourself, you know you are a wonderful person - big or little - you are the same, size does not change you.  And that is what bugs me about some people they look at you and pre judge according to size.  But if you love yourself and accept yourself the battle is won. 

You can't change other people, but you can change yourself.  Don't be jealous or resent other people's eating habits, you can't change them.  Let it go.  Or as I tell my kids/friends - breathe, breathe in, breathe out and repeat.

You can do this TT.  Role play - pretend you are a heroine in a movie and everything depends on you, the epic struggle of good (fts) and evil (carbs), the clawing out of the pit of depression and bad food choices to overcome all odds to become the victor.   YAYAYAYAYAYAY   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2013, 04:31:51 AM »
Thank you Morgan...that is very helpful and I appreciate your encouragement! Almost brought tears to my eyes. I don't know when I put my worth in my size, but it's an unhealthy view for sure. Thank you friend! So glad I get a new start today :)
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2013, 07:57:08 AM »
TabyTaby Morgan gave you great advice ;) You can do this.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2013, 12:43:53 PM »
Hi, TabyTaby! :)

Thoughout our lives, most of us have made many attempts dieting,
only to find disappointment and even dispair.

After years of these negative experiences, it's normal to feel defeated.
Like many others here, I remember those feelings all too well.

The first prerequisite to success is knowing that you CAN do it!
And since you've done it before, you (and we) KNOW you can do it again. :)

The second prerequisite is being committed to succeed
no matter what happens or how we feel.

Remember that feelings are "emotional choices" we make.
Which feelings we chose to embrace will either help or hinder us.
So make the decision to see yourself as a valuable human being who deserves being healthy.
Then commit yourself to that mission.

We're all right here for you, TabyTaby! :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2013, 04:15:38 PM »
Thank you much mouseissue! I appreciate that, you are very correct! I'm glad this is a new day and I can make better choices today...but I hate how far I've set myself back :\ I have a quick question. I found a recipe for a low carb pie, but the only sweeterner I have right now is the minibottle of liquid ezsweetz...if one drop equals a teaspoon...how do you calculate enough drops to equal a full cup or whatever the recipe would call for in sugar? I can't seem to figure it out!

shawn116

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2013, 10:56:36 PM »
You can do this TT.  Role play - pretend you are a heroine in a movie and everything depends on you, the epic struggle of good (fts) and evil (carbs), the clawing out of the pit of depression and bad food choices to overcome all odds to become the victor.   YAYAYAYAYAYAY         

Morgan that should be a bestseller list  ;D ;D  Morgans right TabyTaby  You can do this!  We are right here with you  ;)

To measure your sweetener if 1 drop = 1 tsp
12 drops = 1/4 cup
16 drops = 1/3 cup
24 drops = 1/2 cup
48 drops = 1 cup
96 drops = 2 cups

Just a side note....do be careful because with the ez sweetz in particular, they do have a size that is a bit stronger.  I believe that size is the .5 fl oz.  It measures 1 drop to = 2 tsp.  So when ordering be sure to check to be sure the measurements are the same you are used to.  It could turn into quite a sweet ordeal  ;D ;D

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2013, 11:37:33 PM »
Thanks TOOsweet! I have the 1oz size I believe! So tonight I attempted to make low carb pancakes with a recipe from pinterest...they were WAY too eggy for me so we chunked them after half the stack...of course it was too late, I forgot to calculate one of the ingredients and blew the diet by accident. I'm going to take an oath with my husband tonight to stick to it. I'm going to the store tomorrow to try and snag some erythritol and coconut flour (for some low carb "oatmeal" that is really just coconut shreds unsweetened and coconut flour) and then I need some redi whip and I'm going to make low carb pumpkin pudding! I have a lot, A LOT of squash and zucchini to use up, so that's next to. So much to make! LOL and then vegetarian low carb fajitas are on the list at some point...so I'm getting closer. Thanks for all the encouragement...I'll let everyone know how it goes tomorrow!

shawn116

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2013, 11:46:23 PM »
No worries...remember this is a lifestyle change not a diet so just keep moving forward  ;)  I like the one minute muffin myself when I'm craving a pancake.  What recipe did you try?  And I'd love to hear more about that low carb oatmeal and pumpkin pudding  :D   

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2013, 11:51:21 PM »
Thanks TOOSweet! The low carb coconut "oatmeal" have these ingredients: 4 Tablespoons shredded coconut

4 teaspoons coconut flour, divided

1/2 cup almond milk (Coconut-almond milk is lovely here too.)

1/2 cup water

sweetener to taste
 and the pumpkin pudding calls for:

Pumpkin Pudding

16 ounces of canned pumpkin puree
    1/4 cup Splenda
    1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
    1 teaspoon pure vanilla
    4 Tablespoons melted butter
    1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend all items above and pour into oven proof dish. Bake for 20 minutes. While this is baking make the topping below.

Topping

2/3 cup english walnuts
    2 Tablespoons butter
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 teaspoon Splenda

I'm subbing the Splenda for ezsweetz or erythritol because splenda makes me sick, and I'm subbing walnuts for pecans because I like them better. I'll have to let you know how these come out :)

shawn116

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2013, 12:09:49 AM »
Oh those sound yummy   :D  Make sure you keep track of those carbs though...they can add up quick if you know what I mean  :)  Does the ezsweets make you sick the same way?

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2013, 12:27:28 AM »
I don't know if they will, I haven't actually tried them yet! I will let you know though how it goes. I wish I could find the FTS locally, but sucralose makes me sick sometimes too so I'll just have to trial and error with it. Ready to really hit the pavement on this thing!

shawn116

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2013, 01:19:34 AM »
Well I sure hope it doesn't. Just take it slow then...... Let us know how all goes  :D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2013, 09:07:17 AM »
Hi Taby, EZ-Sweets is Sucralose.

I'd like you to list all the foods and ingredients you eat so we can review them.  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2013, 09:09:08 AM »
ezsweetz is succralose  ;)