Author Topic: I'm Back :)  (Read 14534 times)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
Re: I'm Back :)
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2013, 02:41:17 PM »
Oh no! I didn't know, I haven't used it yet...ugh. Well, I eat a lot of foods. I used to eat the LaTortilla Factory Tortillas, until they stopped carrying them in my area. So I eat dairy products, and egg products, but I will NOT eat eggs outright, like scrambled or fried, it has to be baked into something. I will eat the paleo bread, berries, cheese, but I can't have sour cream or cream cheese or cottage cheese...something about that type of dairy doesn't sit well on my stomach.  I eat all veggies except avocado, mushrooms, onions, artichoke, and jicama...I detest all of those and I'm allergic to onions. I can't tolerate any dextrose, splenda, aspartame, acesulfame K or however it's spelled, nectresse or however that's spelled, saccharin, sweet n low, equal...I think that covers it. It does nasty horrible things to my body I don't think anyone wants to hear LOL. I'm so upset about ezsweetz. I guess I can try it and see how it does, if it works, then I'll know the FTS will be fine and I can get it. I do eat nuts limited because of an intestinal disorder. I don't eat mustard or mayo, and I don't eat any meat, not even fish. Some forms of soy disturb my digestive system...but it's trial and error. Tofu tends to do very bad things for me, but silken does ok at times in small amounts. Most of the time with my diet, it's trial and error. Most of the things I would normally eat are forbidden on FTS and that's ok, I just have to be creative. I love Zevia, so far erythritol doesn't bother my system if it's in small amounts, large amounts most definitely. Stevia plain and raw no blends does fine, but it's almost impossible to find here. And what's up with GG Bran Crisp bread...all the stores here say it's discontinued :\ I used to eat that. I can eat almond flour, flaxseed if it's golden milled and that's probably about it. I'd love to get the GG Bran back in my diet and the LaTortillas...but I can't seem to find them :( and I can't afford the bulk order online.
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2013, 02:46:38 PM »
Oh I also can't eat ranch...it's not vegetarian, it has animal by-product in the monoglycerides. I have a hard time finding dressings that are low carb, vegetarian, and without artificial sweeteners that make me sick. It's a challenge.
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2013, 09:24:35 AM »
Where are you getting your protein?
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2013, 12:37:09 PM »
Hi, TabyTaby! :)

Great question from Doug!

BTW... You can find cases of GG Brancrisp online at;

https://www.brancrispbread.com/order.aspx ($73.00 + FREE Shipping!)
http://www6.netrition.com/gg_bran_crispbread_page.html ($74.99 + $4.95 shipping)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2013, 04:26:01 PM »
Oh mouseissue, I know about those, I just can't afford that right now, I can only afford individual ones for now :\ Doug, I get my protein from asparagus, some soy, nuts, black soy beans...protein isn't usually the problem, the problem is B12...it's very hard to get sometimes...and iron. When I'm not low carbing I have rice and beans to help in that area...

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2013, 01:54:06 AM »
You might try making your own ranch dressing - yummy and cheaper. 

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2013, 09:10:44 AM »
You can get your missing b12 from supplements.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2013, 05:13:14 PM »
Yup Doug! Very true! I also get it from foods fortified with it! I may look into recipes for ranch...if I can find one without mayonnaise or sour cream I'll try it! For now though I've been satisfied with olive oil and red wine vinegar. I thought I'd have lost some more weight since I stopped cheating but I haven't...I'm hanging pretty stead at 248. SIGH...so much more to go.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2013, 10:59:01 PM »
So I found some yogurt tonight that has 9 carbs for a whole cup :) it's Stonyfields plain...I figure I can throw some vanilla flavor and nuts on top of 1/3 cup for a breakfast meal :D here's my question though...how do ya'll measure the Rediwhip? It's 1 carb per 2 Tbsp but I can't seem to measure it in my Tbsps....it either over flows too fast or doesn't come out of the Tbsp measure thing...any help?

shawn116

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2013, 12:08:59 AM »
If you don't have a kitchen scale to measure it (the serving weight will be listed on the can in grams) then a less precise way is to eyeball it.   A tablespoon is about the size of your thumb or 2 tablespoons the size of a ping pong or golf ball.  You can always spray some out and scoop what you need in a measuring spoon too.   ;)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2013, 12:30:16 AM »
Wow...thanks...yeah...I was nowhere close then...still have the "sugar eye" I guess. Gosh, I covered my dish in it. Sigh LOL better try next time!

shawn116

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2013, 12:36:55 AM »
That is a good case of carb creep there  Haha  be careful...they are sneaky  ;D

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2013, 01:16:03 AM »
Yeah that stuff comes out quickly and easily!!! UGH