Author Topic: After 30 years of trying too lose the wieght I am finally succeding  (Read 8423 times)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: After 30 years of trying too lose the wieght I am finally succeding
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 09:39:57 AM »
When he says truck Hawks he means a International Semi ;) Maybe some dehydrated food like jerky??Shakes in cans ? Most of the truck stops we stop at have beautiful salad bars too :)

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 11:58:31 PM »
My parents were team truck drivers and they were very good about trying to eat right. It was harder they said but it was so much more important when driving to eat right. They did eat out a lot but they managed to order things that fit their eating plan. My mom is type 2 diabetic and controlled it via diet. My dad isn't diabetic but he had other issues that seemed to improve the less sugar he ate. Now they are retired so they cook more but I got to hear lots of stories about the funny ways they would make food! I just want you to know its possible! You can do it! My mom lost 80lbs on the truck...;-)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2013, 12:44:31 AM »
Hey friend! Congrats on your loss! I bet you'll find you lose weight faster than you are anticipating!!! Here are some ideas I got from another forum, so I can't take credit...but maybe they will help you out, it was from another trucker who was low carbing...

meatloaf cooked in muffin tins
chicken wings
frittatas cooked in muffin tins
chef salad
chicken ceasar salad
cobb salad
cream cheese dips & cut-up veggies

Mini pizzas made in muffins tins ----Lay 4 pepperoni in tins add sauce , cheese, mushrooms,blck olives , sausage , anything he likes on pizza bake and put in air tight containers.

Ham and cheese roll-ups

Grill up a chicken breast or pork chop, with a dry seasoning on it and then when it has cooled cut it in to strips, generally these aren't finger foods but the aren't that messy, nothing a nearby napkin couldn't fix. Also slices of cheese, strips of raw veggies, such as celery, pepper etc... If you use low carb wraps you could make some of those pin wheels by wraping meat cheese veggies etc...into a tight wrap then sliceing it into bit size pieces, lay the pieces flat in tupperware for him. I think this works best with softer cheeses, they help the roll stay rolled.

I hope that helps some :) and I think the low carb chili would do fine even if it sat out a little while, you could stop at place and heat it up in a microwave as long as you had preground hamburger meat that you could prepare when you are at home maybe. Best wishes to you...YOU TOO can do it!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Congratulations hawks on your loss!