Author Topic: Step Away From the Russell Stovers.....  (Read 2145 times)

Noodle2Be

Step Away From the Russell Stovers.....
« on: June 09, 2013, 04:04:38 PM »
Warning to All Newbies -

Their chocolate peanut butter cups, toffee, etc. are all too good and taste like the real thing  I'm sticking the bag in the freezer until I'm FTS for longer than 1 month.  Or I'm throwing it out tomorrow.

PS - Do people make Bulletproof Coffee often?  Coffee, Coconut Oil and Butter.  Gross sounding yes, but whipped up in a Magic Bullet, it's not bad and kept me very full for hours.  It just seems so unhealthy!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Noodle2Be

shawn116

Re: Step Away From the Russell Stovers.....
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 11:14:51 PM »
Bulletproof Coffee??  That name sounds like it would be a strong cup of Joe...haha  I'm thinking folks on the Atkins diet try to keep their fat intake high.  With FTS we just concentrate on counting those carbs.  Keep it simple so to speak  :D

I agree with your warning here too....it's a good one for newbies and those of us that have been around awhile.... 

I would be in big trouble if they switched their sweeteners to something that didn't cause the tummy troubles  :o :o :o

Treats are just that...meant to have as treats once in awhile.   If you are just starting your journey the best advice I can give is to keep it simple and limit the sweets until you can get your FTS legs under you  ;)  Listen to your body....if your scale isn't moving and you are eating sweets then they should be the first to go.  Something I struggle with everyday.....ugggg!    :P

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 09:12:28 AM »
great advice toosweet ;) coconut oil and butter in coffee?I can't wrap head around that one :D I love a good iced coffee though!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 09:32:20 AM »
Russell Stovers candy does indeed taste like full sugar candy and it will throw off your weight loss if you over indulge. There's a secondary effect that over indulging causes as well.... you see the sweeteners used in the candies are Malitol and Sorbitol both of which are children's laxatives...so over indulging will cause;

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 01:18:26 PM »
And that picture from the deck of the aircraft carrier my daughter
was stationed on at the time, appears again! :D ;D :D ;D

http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=2432.msg22509#msg22509

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 02:05:18 AM »
Ya'll aren't lying about that Russel Stover candy business. SHEESH! If this had been posted 2 weeks ago I'd be in great shape! I felt like I was preparing for a colonoscopy after that candy  :o :o :o LOL seriously! Russel Stover candy and I are NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER getting back together :P LOL
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 03:18:08 PM »
Yeah they stall me so I just don't buy them anymore. I make my own chocolates! Harder to do but so worth it for an occasional treat. :-) Coconut oil bark is a wonder! :-)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 02:11:31 AM »
When I"ve lost most my weight I'll have to look into that :) I wouldn't have self control now with any sort of chocolate :\ I did find a chocolate bar that has 15 grams of fiber and 16 carbs...so it's a net carb of 1!!! But they're 3.19 a bar...very expensive. They help my digestive system though since I have diverticulosis/itis. Geez, at 28 I sound like a 70 year old :\ they're European Chocolate Perfection and I have to get them at the Granary Health food store in town. A special treat :)
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.