Author Topic: Stonyfield's Organic Plain Yogurt  (Read 3957 times)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
Stonyfield's Organic Plain Yogurt
« on: June 13, 2013, 11:21:15 PM »
So, I was carousing the store tonight (Wal-Mart) and was looking for low-carb vegetarian yogurt...no such luck. I happened to see Stonyfield's organic plain yogurt and saw it had 9g of carbs for 1 whole cup! Awesome! It only has like 3-4 ingredients and was vegetarian friendly (no gelatin)...so I went home and made 1/3 a cup, with 1oz of chopped pecans, 1 sliced strawberry, and some vanilla flavoring and ez-sweetz drops...it was delish :) a great little treat! Just wanted to share!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

shawn116

Re: Stonyfield's Organic Plain Yogurt
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 11:46:45 PM »
That sounds pretty Yummy  :)  How is it going with the ez-sweetz? 

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 12:26:30 AM »
Well, tonight was the first time I used it...so far so good, but I only used a few drops. Do you think I could gain weight from them? When they run out I'll get the FTS sweetener. Financially things are very bad for us right now so I'll have to wait a bit.
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 12:34:42 AM »
Been there with the finances...I understand that.  You shouldn't gain with the sweetener itself but may with what you are mixing it in.  But everyone is different with how their body reacts to things.  What may stall one person could not bother the next at all.  Just keep the sweets to a minimum.  Especially since you say you are having a slow time of it this time around.  You might want to concentrate more on the proteins and veggies and keep it simple for now.   Then add in the treats as you get going strong.  Just a thought....Remember the sweets should always be the first to go if you are stalling.  No matter what sweetener you are using.  I'm glad it is going well so far...not fun with things making you sick  :P   

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 01:15:12 AM »
I didn't put much, next time I could nix the sweetener and just do the other ingredients. The carbs from that dish fit into today's limits because all I had was two pieces of the paleo bread at 1 carb a piece and a piece of string cheese. So I had a lot left to play with...probably still came out pretty much well under 20.