Author Topic: Yogurt Dish :)  (Read 11599 times)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
Yogurt Dish :)
« on: June 14, 2013, 10:21:32 PM »
Okay...this is my go-to sweet treat...and the best part? It's VEGETARIAN of course  ;D

1/3 cup of Stonyfield's Organic Plain Yogurt
Splash of pure vanilla extract
Few drops of Ez-Sweetz or better yet FTS Zero sweetener (I use 4 drops)
1 oz. chopped pecans
1 sliced and then chopped strawberry

It comes to 5 net carbs and the yogurt alone has 7.5 grams of protein! If you use the non organic or flavored version of the yogurt your carb count will change...this is strictly for Stonyfield's Organic Plain Yogurt! It doesn't have gelatin like Dannon or some of the others do so it's vegetarian...it only has about 5 ingredients and most of them are live cultures. You can skip the sweetener but it's very bitter without it. If you have extra carbs to spare you can add Rediwhip or another whipped topping but I find that it tastes just fine without it. Enjoy!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Yogurt Dish :)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 03:23:24 AM »
I'm glad you enjoy it TT, but for myself I don't like to hand over 5 carbs for so little return.  I can make a bowl of raspberry icecream for 2.4 c (the carbs coming from the cream as we do not have carb free cream here, it is 0.6 for 20ml, so x3 + 0.6 for 50g raspberries).  I do enjoy yogurt but in Australia they all have too many carbs to make it worthwhile for me.  Or I make a mean raspberry and macadamia nut muffin that is 1.5 c.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 03:04:25 PM »
It's just an option for vegetarians...I don't have the ability to make ice cream nor the time...this is quick and easy and filled with protein...that's the other part, sometimes it can be difficult to get protein, although B12 is the biggest issue...but this recipe is quick, filling, vegetarian and protein packed and it subs as a good sweet since I can't make ice cream.
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

beth823

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 08:44:06 AM »
Morgan how do you make your ice cream?
B

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 07:20:31 PM »
Try this recipe from page 454 of the FAT TO SKINNY Sugar Free Bakery Book :)

Blackberry Ice Cream 12 net carbs for entire recipe
No Machine Needed
Ingredients

1 ½ cups frozen Blackberries
   1/3rd cup Xylitol or 16 drops FAT TO SKINNY Zero Sweetener
   2 cups heavy whipping cream, very cold
   2 tablespoons lemon juice
   Fresh mixed berries and whip cream for garnish

Directions

1.   In a food processor combine whipping cream, sweetener, lemon juice, and frozen berries.
2.   Blend until smooth, until all chunks of fruit are gone.
3.   Put in a quart plastic container with lid and freeze until firm.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 07:51:17 PM »
Hey that's AWESOME! :D Thanks!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 07:58:44 PM »
Morgan how do you make your ice cream?
B
Hi beth823, I leave a small ceramic bowl in my feezer for when I want to make this. Put 60ml heavy whipping cream in the bowl with a few drops zero - whip until thick. Throw in frozen raspberries. Duck when they come flying out (I usually smash them down b4 mixing in. I usually use 75g frozen raspberries (0.9c and 1.8c for the cream as we don't have zero carb cream.  Makes a nice serve for one. U can add unsweetened cocoa for chocolate raspberry ice cream, just add extra carbs. U only need a hand mixer for this - less cleaning and only takes a few minutes.  Using frozen berries makes the ice cream pink and much thicker.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 10:18:20 PM »
I enjoy my yogurt because it's full of protein and live cultures that I need for my digestive issues and the protein helps because being a vegetarian you have to get it where you can! It fills me up and satisfies and since I don't really eat that much, I almost always have carbs left over at the end of the day anyhow ;)

shawn116

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 10:26:53 PM »
Morgan that sounds so good    ;D

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 10:29:50 PM »
I also posted the yogurt option because it's incredibly difficult to find vegetarian heavy whipping cream, or any cream for that matter...it usually has mono and diglycerides in it from animal sources so generally, it's not vegetarian.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 03:06:52 AM »
Those carbs and the little hidden ingredients are a pip aren't they?  Have you ever made your own yoghurt TT?  You buy the culture and pop it into this flask (I don't know if you can get them in the States) which ferments overnight and voila you have yoghurt.  I haven't read the details on the back of the packs, so I can't say whether they have too many carbs or the gelatine (thickner) already added, but it might be an option for you.  Surf the net and see what you may come up with.   Eating FTS is a challenge in itself at times, but when you have even more food restrictions like being vegan or vegatartian, you would have to be more creative and think outside the box.  Are you cooking fts friendly for your family as well?  It might be easier for you.  You may eat more if you are sitting down with your family for the same meal.  Healthy eating is good for everyone.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 03:21:03 AM »
I don't really have any interest in making my own yogurt...it'd require more ingredients, time, and tools that I don't have...and I'm pretty satisfied with the one I've found that I love. It'd probably cost me more to make it organic than just buy the organic :) I don't cook FTS for my family. My 4 year old is the most pick eater I've ever met...he gives me a run for my money. My husband is a pretty decent eater and a very athletic and muscular guy, part of why I want to get healthier...I look like I could eat him for lunch! Not to mention I'm 3 inches taller than him, fatter than him by almost 100 pounds, and I'm white and he's black...let's just say if we were cookies we'd have to be a Milano one than Oreo because there's way more white between us than black  ;D :D It's not really hard for me to eat FTS...it's just hard dodging cravings. I am at a slight disadvantage because I hate eggs and I don't eat any meat...but I'm also at a greater advantage because I LOVE vegetables already and am already familiar with many veggie recipes...as a former vegan I've tried all kinds of crazy food, so that gives me a little more advantage. I try to eat as organic as possible and as clean as possible...what's killing me right now is getting my hands on some GG Bran...can't get it here anymore and I can't afford to order off the website because it's in bulk. Going to ahve to save for that. I actually miss the stuff. Need that fiber for my diverticulitis. I love the yogurt dish, it's worth every carb for me :) and the live cultures are good for my health issues. I don't get them anywhere else in food :D

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 04:45:56 AM »
I love your sense of humour.  ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 09:04:13 AM »
Good idea morgan ;) Single servings are always a good idea!

shawn116

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 09:05:58 AM »
Taby my local health food store will order things for me.  Have you tried that venue?  Actually they stock the GG here but if they didn't I know they would order it so that I didn't have to have the bulk item...just a thought  :)