Author Topic: Fajitas and wrap  (Read 7443 times)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
Fajitas and wrap
« on: June 16, 2013, 02:39:52 AM »
So, another dish I like to make is vegetarian fajitas! I use the LaTortilla Factory tortillas, if you get the large you can cut them in half for 3 carbs I believe, if you get small they are 4carbs, or the ones I have, the only ones I found at our Kroger were Garlic and herb. Take your choice of low-carb veggies...I use squash, zucchini, and bell pepper...I sautee it in butter in a non-stick pan until it's slightly firm but softening, and then top with cheese and a little low-carb salsa, usually 1Tbsp is more than enough for one fajita...or you can use hot sauce...and it's AWESOME! The carb count of course will depend on what veggies you use, but you don't use much. I usually save the rest of the sliced veggies for a veggie tray as Doug suggested, or for another dish. Usually 2 fajitas are satisfying for me. I slice all the veggies up and with the bell pepper I slice long ways, then chop down the middle to make a smaller more edible strand.

Another idea is to make a small green salad and put in a LaTortilla Factory tortilla for a wrap, you can dress it with your favorite dressing. You can also roll these up and make vegetarian pinwheels for a quickie snack later :D Again the carbs would depend on the veggie you use, but for the wrap I like baby spinach, olives (black, green, or calamato) one slice of tomato chopped up, some bell pepper and cheese...but you could add cucumber or any low-carb veggie really. I love them.
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Fajitas and wrap
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 08:42:10 AM »
Al good Taby but be careful how many per day you are eating, carbs will add up quickly...and don't forget about your protein....dropping a couple of tablespoons of black soybeans into your wrap or on your salad creates a southwestern wrap or salad, fills you up more and gives you solid protein  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 10:04:07 PM »
Yes sir! I'd love to put some black soy beans in there that would be tasty! What seasonings do you recommend? I usually buy preseaoned packets, but as we know, they're chalked full of hidden carbs! I only eat two when I eat them :) they fill me up well just at two for lunch. I usually on get around to eating twice a day...usually both meals will hit around 7-10 carbs. Sometimes if I'm having a grazing day then I'll snack on almonds or something like that, but I just don't get hungry that often. Until your book, I realized I only ate because of the "clock" I keep weird hours now that I'm at home with a newborn and a preschooler, I'm up until 4am so daddy can sleep and then I get up around 1pm or so...and I don't get hungry until 4pm and then I eat something around then, usually small but sometimes a full meal, and then dinner at 7 or 8 sometimes if I'm hungry at 10pm or so I'll have a few almonds or almond or light snack. Weird schedule I know but I only eat when I'm hungry and I have weird hours right now in my life and I'm fine with that :) it works for us LOL
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 08:47:17 AM »
For Cuban black beans cumin,garlic, onion green pepper, vinegar, splash of cooking sherry and olive oil.Beware of the almonds.I premeasure nuts before I eat them so I don't graze,they add up quickly.I also try to buy nuts in the shell to slow me down. ;)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 01:49:11 PM »
Oh Umpa...no worries on the almonds, I buy the 100 calorie 2 carb pack vanilla roasted no sugar so I can know exactly how much because I would go CRAZY on them LOL. Thank you so much for some spice ideas! I've mainly used spice packets but those have sugar and other nasty stuff :\ do you just sprinkle it on by eye sight? Or do you use teaspoons?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 09:40:15 AM »
It depends on how big a pot you are making? Single serving?  The chili is in the cookbook :)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 02:55:10 PM »
Okay...I don't have the cookbook. When we get financially better I want to buy more books in the series. Right now we're a family of four on about 30K...I lost my job due to illness and now with the newborn and health issues, I just can't work so my hubby works his butt off. We both have student loans more than most folks houses...and yeah, I'll spare you the details LOL but as soon as I can I'll be getting it!!! Sounds like I need it :) as bad as I need to lose weight :P

shawn116

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 10:37:16 PM »
Here you go Taby http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?board=15.0  after 50 posts you can ask for a book.   ;)   Doug and Umpa are the best!!   ;D ;D   I'm sorry your family has to struggle like that.  This economy is so hard on way too many out there.   :-\
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 10:40:56 PM by TooSweet »

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 11:15:25 PM »
Thank you friend!!!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 07:34:47 PM »
Taby...check your email :)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 07:54:28 PM »
Hey Doug...that's pretty darn awesome (big face smile) :D :D :D Thanks a million! I'm very excited! I took a long nap...and slept almost three hours, apparently I needed that nap! LOL Thanks a million!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 07:57:54 PM »
You are very welcome  8)