Author Topic: French "bread" pizza  (Read 7414 times)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
French "bread" pizza
« on: June 16, 2013, 02:45:38 AM »
So I LOVE french bread pizza...but I don't like the sugar in the bread and it doesn't like me...so as a substitute you can take a zucchini, chop off the ends, cut it in half length wise, take a small tomato and cut off a couple slices, cut those slices in half, then take your favorite cheese (I love Mozzarella) and you put the slices of tomato on the zucchini and then top with the cheese, a little bit of Italian seasoning (basil, thyme, oregano, or rosemary) and a little extra virgin olive oil and bake in the oven at 350 degrees until the cheese is browning and melted! The carbs depend on the size of your zucchini, our zucchinis are tiny tiny here, so it's about a cup's worth, so it's about 4-5 carbs with the tomato included. I usually slice the tomato and then slice that slice in half...so it's usually closer to 4 carbs than 5, but it depends on the size of your veggies. It's a tasty treat and I don't miss the bread at all! You can also use a low-carb pasta sauce instead of tomato if you'd like :) it tastes just as good!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: French "bread" pizza
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 08:36:21 AM »
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 09:58:39 PM »
Doug! I'm in love :D :D :D all of those dishes look awesome! Two questions I have for you...okay I live in Texas, and I've never found zucchinis that big! Ours are TINY TINY TINY like 1/3 that size...where do you get those? Second question (okay it might have two parts) how do you do carb counts for those dishes...like when I chop veggies, I have a very hard time guestimating if you will, how many carbs it actually comes to. For instance, when you make a veggie tray and chop veggies, or like the dishes you made (except for the spaghetti squash, I know how to calculate carbs on that one) but like the grilled zucchini, or the zucchini soup or veggie trays (even though that's not on there) how do you figure it? That's an area I'm a little lost in. BTW I never got a notification on responses to my posts in here, I just happened to be rummaging through the vegetarian board and saw a response :\
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 08:15:38 AM »
Your measuring cup is your friend, when using an intact half squash you need to guesstimate a bit. We find the big squashes in farmers markets and roadside stands,grocery stores don't sell them  8)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 08:20:10 AM »
I'm not sure why your not getting email notifications to your posts... are you checking off "notify me of replies" under the additional options tab under the post prior to clicking post? If so maybe your spam folder is blocking them. Personally I always click on "show unread posts since last visit" right next to my profile picture. If I remember correctly Aren't you a friend of Rena?

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 10:22:50 AM »
By weighing your veggies it leaves no doubt as to the carb counts  ;)  I can get more smaller pieces in a measuring cup than I can the larger if you know what I mean.  Just my two cents  ;D ;D 

I bought my kitchen scale at Walmart for around $12.....it's something I use everyday.  :) 

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 11:50:21 AM »
Just to let you know I clicked on notify me of replies ad Too Sweets post notice came right to my email :)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 01:47:00 PM »
Thanks everyone! Doug, I did check the notify settings, it asked me if I wanted to disable it...so it's enabled already...strange. I get the others to my inbox so I don't know why some would go to spam...but I'll just click the new replies thing :) yes I am friends with Rena :D we are FB friends...she actually went to high school with my mom! I try to over guess on my carbs because I think better safe than sorry ;) Thanks TooSweet! I'll have to look into that when I get some money in a couple weeks! Is there a website you use that transfers weight into carb-counts?

shawn116

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 08:53:27 PM »
Is there a website you use that transfers weight into carb-counts?

on any label or even when you use this web site http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/   to get your carb counts, it will list a weight per serving.  You will need to do a little math to add the amount of servings in a recipe etc.... but that is how you can get your most accurate carb counts.  For instance the above site lists the weight for 1 cup chopped zucchini as 124g, 1 cup sliced as 113g, 1 whole small as 118g and 1 whole medium as 196g along with the carb counts for each.  What if I sliced mine thicker than you did or smaller.  I could probably fit more or less in my measuring cup than you.  Or maybe I think mine is a medium but it really is a large... The carb difference may be small but they can add up quickly when you guestimate too often.  So if it calls for 1 cup of zucchini you know that the carb count listed for that amount is correct if the weight is 124g, 113g... etc...   

I know I'm a gadget girl but I don't think I could last too long without my scale   ;D ;D  I'm too curious  Haha 

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 11:10:59 PM »
Thanks TOOSweet...I was a pretty good guestimator since I lost so much weight the first time but I'd like to know for sure you know? It's easy to be loose and go back to old habits and eat too much!