Author Topic: 10 Week Stall  (Read 20914 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
10 Week Stall
« on: June 18, 2013, 08:50:34 AM »
I have had enough and need to get tougher.  For the last 10 weeks (10 weigh ins) my weight has stayed the same.  My clothes are heaps looser, I look smaller but the (insert rude words here) scale stays the same.  I have checked my portion sizes, eaten when hungry, no added carbs, etc etc and generally stayed between 10-15 carbs;  though the last 3 days I upped it a bit (still under 20) just to shake it up but no change.

So I have decided to try to keep carbs as low as I can (under 10 - won't be zero as we don't have zero products here), no sweets/sugar alcohols/no flax or almond products, and to keep food straightforward and simple.  Apart from maybe a morning coffee with cream switch to herbal tea.  And getting on the torture device they call a treadmill for a minimum 15 mins a day and really push that water.  I am soooooooooo peeved.  Oh and Yes - change the (another rude word) battery on the scale in case that is the cause of all this angst.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 10 Week Stall
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 09:05:22 AM »
Morgan you can do it ;) Scales are evil :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 12:45:42 PM »
Hi, Morgan! :)

Your body size decrease (by your clothing fit) is telling you that you're losing FAT.
And if your body is in the process of firming muscle, that can make it "seem" like your not losing weight.

Remember that the scale weight (besides FAT) includes, muscle, bones, and internal organs.
And considering that muscle is heavier than FAT, that scale number can't be completely trusted to reflect your progress.

Now that you're lowering your total carbs to below 10 and maintaining portion control,
give it a few more weeks to see if that scale number changes.
If it doesn't, that means carbs are sneaking in somewhere and we'll need to look closer.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 10:29:51 PM »
Hang in there Morgan   :)  Tony is right a lot could be happening inside.  I know it's frustrating but we are here with you girl. 

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 07:44:11 PM »
OK Morgan.....it's time to lock you in solid. Your commitment strength and continued support of others has earned you a moderator badge

Congratulations! your are our first "down under" moderator! :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 08:01:36 PM »
WOW and COOL.   ;D    YAY me!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 08:02:50 PM »
Yay you baby......you've earned it! take good care of our newbies  8)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 08:09:26 PM »
I so proud I taking a bow.  :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 10:43:41 PM »
I so proud I taking a bow.  :D

I'm proud of you too, Morgan!!! :) :) :) :) :)

BIG APPLAUSE for the lovely lady, down under! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 10:46:51 PM »
Yay!!  That's great!!   ;D ;D

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 12:46:44 AM »
You have the right mindset honey!!! You are locked and loaded and cannot be deterred! Blast that darn scale, maybe it's stuck? If your clothes are fitting looser and you're look better...forget the scale, maybe it's time for a new one? You keep it up, your body can't fight you for long...that fat MUST give in sooner or later!!! Maybe you've built muscle you didn't know you were building like Tony was saying! Wouldn't that be a pleasant surprise :) But heck yeah way to go on the weight you've lost so far!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 11:32:01 AM »
Morgan thank you for all you do ;) we love ya!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 06:43:40 PM »
Love you all too.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 06:46:13 AM »
Well I started that  getting tough bit this week, carbs are about the 10 mark (today 12 as I have been at my daughters and new grandbaby 2 days - its a bit trickier when most of your ingredients are at home - and dinner out with youngest daughter tonight. And as a side note - you don't get your monies worth if you are eating low carb out.  For instance, my daughter had chicken parma - chicken snitzel with tomato-based sauce, slice ham and melted cheese, a handful of fries and a side salad.  The plate was overflowing.  I ordered the roast of the day (pork), skipping the gravy and asking for a little sour cream instead.  I got something that I'm sure was pork, but roast it wasn't.  A small baked potato that was going to go to my daughter, but she was too full, 2 x 2" strip of zucchini, a small floret of broccoli and a few sliced carrot (which wasn't going to be eaten anyway).  There was a difference of $2 my being the lesser.  I think you could see more plate that actual food on my plate.  I am just sick and tired paying lots of money for something I can make at home for so much less.  On my way home I was thinking I should have asked for the manager and asked him if he would have paid $19 for my meal, cos I surely wont.  Next time I will treat my daughter to a meal and I'll sit with a coffee.

I have had cravings like you would not believe - like I don't believe either.  Sugar alcohols must be the abosolute pip. Just as bad as actual sugar.  I'm thinking it is the sweetness of things that I crave.  I had  about 3 strawberries yesterday and again today and they were like a little slice of heaven, but too many carbs (3.5). If aiming for 10 that's a big chunk. 

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 08:26:17 AM »
Hi Morgan, here's the trick to eating out. Prior to arriving call the restaurant and ask to speak to the chef, if they won't let you speak to the manager. Explain to the person you're speaking with that foods which effect diabetes are extremely bad for your blood sugar and you'd like to have a plate made up for you which include the items which are safe for you to eat. Everyone understands the word Diabetes but many don't understand the words low carb. I've never been turned down and in fact have always had a spectacular plate. People really do want to help if given the chance. Many establishments post their menus on-line so seeing what their ingredients are is pretty simple.

If you can't make those kind of advance arrangements and are simply walking in, do the same thing on the spot. Ezplain your situation to the correct people and watch the magic happen  ;)