Author Topic: What I ate today :D  (Read 54324 times)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
Re: What I ate today :D
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2013, 07:52:46 PM »
LOL you're not old...I just have never seen it, we don't have cable ;) we only have netflix because we can't afford cable LOL thanks for explaining! Now I can steal that catch phrase and pretend I watched LOL
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2013, 09:20:25 AM »
I am happy for you Taby ;)
Morgan that was my favorite show !! I loved it! :D I loved any show that had powerful women!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2013, 09:21:42 AM »
Taby,I'm glad to see you're heading to a "real" hospital. Let me share a couple stories with you.

#1- My Dad was given just weeks to live by his cardiologist and his pulmonary doctor in the small town he lives in, Dennis MA Cape Cod. He accepted the final diagnosis. I Didn't! Instead I demanded he be life flighted to Brigham Woman's Hospital in Boston. After 4 days at Brigham's he was released with a state of the art pacemaker in his chest and a diagnosis of 20+ more years to live. That was 4 years ago and he's still going strong  8)

#2- One of my best friends was diagnosed with having a stroke by his doctor in his small town of Murphy NC. The doctor put him on a cocktail of drugs that within weeks took a very intelligent man and degenerated him to a person who couldn't even finish a sentence, work  or even communicate on the phone.  Both he and his wife accepted his new life and were making plans for their future based upon his condition. I contacted my doc, Dave Mullholland and we got Steve an appointment with a group of doctors at Mission in Asheville. Mission is a top teaching hospital as is Brigham's. After Steve went through a series of tests the doctors determined he had NOT had a stroke, the medications he was taking were completely unnecessary and his condition was caused by an imbalance in his potassium levels. All medications were removed and he was put on one tiny little pill per day. Within a week he was completely back to normal  :o

The moral to the story is obvious....don't settle! Seek out the best care you can....worry about the bills later.    
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2013, 02:27:38 PM »
Thanks Doug! Yeah, it definitely time to get checked out by one of the best hospitals in the nation...because no matter how many times they tell me everything looks okay, I know it's not normal for someone to gain 20 pounds in one week of fluid. Not at all. I just can't take that for an answer. Thanks again everyone!!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2013, 10:06:11 PM »
So, today I ate 8 pepperjack cheese cubes (2 carbs) for a snack, then I ate two vegan tamales with salsa (12 carbs) so then I wanted something sweet and I wasn't paying close enough attention, I had 1/2 cup of yogurt (4.5) and 1oz of chopped pecans (1 carb) usually I add one strawberry to the mix and that's it...well, the strawberries were prechopped and I threw some in there, after I went back to see about how much it was, post meal, because I started having concerns...I think it was about 5 berries :( I'm hoping that didn't blow my carbs too far above my limit! Anyhow, I still did decent minus the frustration over the darnded strawberries >:O. I have to come up with a plan for my meal tomorrow...because going there blindly won't work! I'm thinking a small salad, a couple cheese sticks, a couple pickled asparagus and not sure what else yet.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2013, 12:40:45 AM »
Okay...so I SURVIVED the 4th of July feast...there were so many, many, many yummy desserts and foods, it took every ounce of self control I have...BUT I made it, I think. This is where my question comes in, but first, here's what I ate:

I had 8 asparagus stalks, small and grilled, and then 5 blackberries, then we went to someone else's house who had a smorgasborge of food...I almost caved...but my church family knows I'm trying to do right...SO everyone helped keep me away from the bad stuff :) so once there I ate from the veggie tray, I had broccoli, cauliflower, chopped cherry tomatoes, green olives, and celery with a ranch dressing (vegetarian) lots of cheese and sweet tea sweetened with Splenda (someone else made it and it upset my stomach >:O). Here's my question, when you eat from a veggie tray...how do you know how many carbs you are eating? I can't tell you how many carbs I had because I didn't measure the broccoli or cauli or tomatoes or cheese or any of it...I had no way of knowing how much it was...how do you handle that friends? What is the way you all figure it out when eating from a veggie tray? I hope I didn't go over, but to be honest, I am not sure  :(

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2013, 10:15:15 AM »
look at fat to skinny portion sizes at a glance board ;) You did great! ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2013, 12:47:03 PM »
Hi, TabyTaby! :)

Sounds like you went through a "carb gauntlet" and came out alive!

Every time we "survive" such situations, we're a little stronger for the next.
Good on ya, girl! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2013, 06:35:07 PM »
Thanks friends! I appreciate it! Where is the portion sizes Umpa? I don't think I've seen that! I thought about measuring some veggies in my hand, taking photos and labeling on the photos what size of portion it was, and making a little photo book to carry with me! I survived again today...we met my husband in the next town over for lunch...and he decides to go to my FAVE Italian restaurant >:O they serve bread as an appetizer and have all my favorite dishes...BUT I stuck to it with a glass of water and a salad with fresh shredded mozzarella, black olives, tomato, and used oil and red wine vinegar as the dressing :) Starting to gain some momentum...then, it made it all worth when I took my baby girl to see my old coworkers...most of them were extremely hateful to me, they printed out my FB statuses and spread them around the building and sent them to our corporate office :\ what's the best revenge? Seeing that even though I had a baby, I'm almost the same size I was when I left and seeing that they all have gotten FAT!!! LOL good day indeed ;)

shawn116

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2013, 12:30:16 AM »
FAT TO SKINNY Portion Sizes At a glance

Common Equivilents

Fruits and Veggies

1 cup of chopped fruit=  A baseball
1 cup of chopped salad = A baseball
½  cup of cooked  veggies=    A tennis ball

Meat and Poultry

3 oz= A deck of cards
8oz= A small paperback book

Fish, Cheese and Nuts

3oz of fish= A checkbook
1 oz of cheese = 4 dice
1 oz of nuts = 2 ping pong balls    

You will find it here Taby  http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=233.45  I will never understand why some folks feel the need to be hateful or bring others down  :-\  I surely wouldn't want to go back if they treated me that way  >:(  Congrats for avoiding the pitfalls of your favorits being so close at hand  ;)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 12:34:47 AM by TooSweet »

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2013, 01:06:03 AM »
Oh thanks a ton!!! This is very helpful! I finished off today with a pizza. I used 1/4 cup of sauce (1.5 carbs) and 1 LaTortilla Factory Tortilla (6 carbs) and some parm and mozzella with Italian seasonings and 8 pepperjack cheese cubes. I've decided that if I'm still hungry after I've eaten, or think I want more, I will test it by drinking 750ml of water, and 1 cup of almond milk, that way I'll know if I was really hungry, or just thirsty or bored and tonight it worked...I thought I was hungry so I drank the water and milk and cleaned the house and realized...nah just bored! LOL
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 01:10:21 AM by TabyTaby »

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2013, 05:28:29 PM »
Soooo I finally decided after 6 days of no sweets...I had to have something because very soon, like Morgan, I was going to turn into a ravenous deranged cookie monster! So I picked up some CarbSmart Bryers ice cream, sugar-free Hershey's chocolate syrup, and some Snapple diet half and half tea/lemonade. So what I have eaten today is 1 cup of CarbSmart Bryer's ice cream with the choco syrup (8 carbs) and for dinner is black soy bean chili with cheese and a diet Snapple (1 carb). I realized I used half my day's carbs on the dessert, BUT it was worth it because it kept me from doing something stupid like eating the pretty colorful frosted sugar cookies my hubby has  :o sooo I'm trying not to feel guilty although I was trying not to eat any sweets. One question though...how often should we use a dessert like that? I was thinking no more than 3x a week...any other thoughts on that? Thanks for your input!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2013, 08:36:01 PM »
OM!!! The black soy bean chili is my FAVORITE dish either! I finally feel like I'm getting this right...and not starving :D so mine came out with about 8-9 carbs a cup, mainly because I'm vegetarian and there is no meat to make it stretch so I get less servings out of it...but I topped it with cheddar and I am SO impressed. I used a can of Rotel tomatoes, Muir Glenn crushed fire roasted tomatoes, black soy beans, and a chopped red bell pepper (1 cup) and then all the appropriate seasonings...Best. Dish. Ever. In LOVE  :-* So, for the day today I ended up with 1 cup of chili (8/9 carbs) 1 cup of Breyers CarbSmart ice cream with sugar free Hersheys (8 carbs) and a diet Snapple tea (1 carb) :) if I get hungry later I'm going to try the chia seed hot cereal that is zero carbs :D

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: What I ate today :D
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2013, 08:46:59 PM »
Taby Taby,  could it be that by eating the boca burgers made of grains or soy could be affecting you and you might be having a reaction to the grains? Correct me if I'm wrong Taby Taby!
I think by you eating soy and grains something is messing you up.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2013, 03:20:15 PM »
Hey Jay! No sir, it's not the Boca patties. I may eat two a month :) I'm not a huge processed soy fan ;) plus I've eaten them for 16 years...WAY before I had this issue :) So I wanted to post an update! I've been on the FTS now with no backsliding for 7 days...and I've lost 13 pounds in 7 days!!! Yay! I'm now averaging about a pound a day the last few days which is still great for me I think. I'm rocking and rolling...and even though I made a blueberry cake with blueberry frosting from scratch from hubby last night, I chopped it up and sent it home with guests...as bad as I wanted it, I did NOT eat it, I just made it and got it out of the house so I wouldn't be tempted ;) next big milestone is my trip to Houston tomorrow...my favorite restaurants are there so it will be hard BUT doable. I'll be leaving at 4:30am this morning so I may be quiet on here tonight and tomorrow :) will update as I can!