Author Topic: What I ate today :D  (Read 54300 times)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: What I ate today :D
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2013, 04:14:52 PM »
I'm so happy for you, TabyTaby!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

When you go to a restaurant, it helps to let your server know that you have special dietary needs.
They can help steer you to things that won't mess up your progress.

And remember, ALL restaurants want happy customers.
Without repeat business, they'd go out of business in no time!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2013, 04:17:42 PM »
You're right Tony! I have a game plan already in place...I have a high fiber low carb chocolate bar (2 carbs because of 14 grams of fiber) that will be my "treat"...then I will bring a couple celery sticks with low carb almond butter, and bring a couple tortillas so I can have a meal somewhere :) game on!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

shawn116

« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2013, 04:47:21 PM »
Good luck tomorrow Taby!!   ;)  Congratulations on the lbs lost too!!!   ;D ;D  You are doing awesome!!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2013, 04:52:48 PM »
Thanks TooSweet! I'll give an update once I know more :) sooo excited for tomorrow...I'm treating like a girl's day out after the testing LOL
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

shawn116

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2013, 05:01:42 PM »
Oooooh  Shopping has got to be involved if it's a girls day out  ;D ;D ;D    LOL    I vote for fabulous new shoes....the size won't change much while you are shrinking everywhere else  ;)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2013, 05:37:49 PM »
Amen TooSweet...that's why I love you even more! :Dv :-*

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2013, 05:40:30 PM »
Oh friends! I wanted to add a new exciting thing I found :D I found sugar free jello that does not have gelatin in it...So it's vegetarian! WOOHOO and it has less than 1 carb for a little cup...AND I found sugar free pudding that does not have gelatin in it...and it's 3 or 4 carbs per cup...SO excited. Made. My. Day. I LOVE freebies LOL

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2013, 05:47:41 PM »
Isn't it great when U find these things?  It feels like a bonus.  Fantastic on the lost lbs - way to go!!!!  Planning really does help doesn't it.  Have wonderful time on girlie day out.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2013, 05:51:50 PM »
Yes it does Morgan! It's just...wonderful :D thanks, I'm sure I will! Houston is about 3 hours from me so it's quite the nice little trip :D

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: What I ate today :D
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2013, 12:35:36 AM »
Well,  I'm very happy to hear that then. Great job! Superb 8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2013, 09:53:54 AM »
Congrats on the weight loss Taby! :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2013, 03:05:03 PM »
Hi, Taby! :)

Going to the store can be like a treasure hunt.
By taking time to read the labels, we can find some real treasures! 8)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2013, 11:10:23 PM »
Let me start off by saying Doug was right about doctors and low carb...I've never been so angry, defeated, and motivated at the same time. I can't wait until I step back into that jerk's office next year 100 pounds thinner and put it in his face.

Broken spirited today. I'm not sure where to start with what transpired today. I went to Houston and saw the nephrologist. He told me that at any time my kidney could turn and fail on me because I have a history of it being stressed due to pregnancy and complications afterward, and described me as "borderline kidney failure" even though the blood work is great. Sorry this will be long, don't know how else to explain it, God bless you if you finish it. This is what they told me, all my blood work came out great, except that my sugar was very low (64) and that I'm anemic still. They started by getting my history and physical, they scolded me and said that my kidney has probably been stressed because I don't drink enough water...then came back and said maybe I swell because I drink TOO much water SMH. Here's what happened. The doctor looked at me and said, "You are fat because you eat too much fat". My brain pretty much shut down at that point because he outright called me fat. I told him I'm a low-carb vegetarian that gets around 20g a fat a day IF that. Then he said that I need to exercise more...that if I don't walk at least 45 minutes a day then I'm burning 1000 calories to lose fat. I told him I can't exercise that much because I only get 500-700 at most, calories a day and if I exercise more then I'll burn more than what I eat. He told me I need to eat more sugars and stop eating cheese and olive oil. I told him I only use 2TBSP of olive oil maybe 3 times a week, sometimes less. He then accused me of eating too many chips and too much sodium, and again I told him I didn't eat chips and less than 1000mg of sodium a day (at this point, I was doing the best I could to hold back tears and just shut up and nodded my head). He told me I swell because when I eat carbs it causes a rush of insulin that caused me to retain fluid, but then proceeded to say that I don't eat enough carbs and maintained I'm fat because I eat too much fat. He asked me what veggies I liked I told him all but onions, mushrooms, and artichoke. He told me to follow Dr. Fuhrman's diet because that's how he lost weight and that I needed to learn to like mushrooms. I told him the only reason I got fat was because I just had a baby 11 weeks ago and that before her I was thinner, and tried to advocate for myself and told him I lost 45 pounds in 11 weeks on the diet I'm on and that the scale shows only 30 pound loss because I started eating more carbs for a couple weeks and regained 15 of that lost so I had to relose it again. He proceeded to maintain I needed to lose more weight because I was fat and I needed to follow his plan and see him again in a year. He did not seem impressed with my weight loss so far...I thought 45 pounds in 11 weeks was good :(. I finally cried, wiped away my tears, and talked to the Transplant Coordinating RN, she said I seemed to have a healthy diet and to keep doing what I am doing and congratulated me on my weight loss. I wish that doctor would grow a human being in his womb and then lose 45 pounds in 11 weeks.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2013, 11:18:20 PM »
Oh here's what I ate today...funny how being angry and ticked off will motivate the mess out of you! I wasn't even TEMPTED in Houston Galleria to cheat...pfft. Today I tried something I haven't had in 10 years...hard boiled eggs!!! And I liked them :D I still hate them scrambled or any other way, but hard boiled is great! And deviled :D Today I ate:

2 hard boiled eggs (1 carb)
8 green olives (1 carb)
8 pepperjack cheese cubes (2 carbs) OH THE HORROR THE FAT OH MY!!!
2 small snacker pickles (2 carbs)
2 cheese and tomato and cilantro quesadillas (14 carbs)

shawn116

« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2013, 11:32:12 PM »
I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience  :-\  Hang in there girl... keep a watch on the kidney though.  I think I would try to see someone for a second opinion if at all possible.  It doesn't sound like he has any understanding of the low carb world   :-\