Author Topic: So Delicious Dairy Free/No Sugar Added/Coconut Frozen Desserts  (Read 15311 times)

Joagain

• You can have excuses or results you cant have both
    • View Profile
Re: So Delicious Dairy Free/No Sugar Added/Coconut Frozen Desserts
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 09:19:19 AM »
I think I will buy a ice cream maker today  umpa is there a certain kind or do you still have to get the ice cream salt and all that

You can have excuses or results you cant have both !

shawn116

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 10:12:43 AM »
I wouldn't pay that I would make my own

I like to make my own to save money too Umpa but sometimes I feel a little lazy and don't want to make everything all the time  Haha  It's just nice to know that there is something ready made in the store I can grab for a treat once in a while that isn't loaded with junk or sugar  ;D

Jo you should be able to ask them to stock the no sugar added if they have the other.   ;)  I'm betting the whole foods will be more expensive...mine where more than 5 a piece.  I will be on the lookout at other places to find the cheapest.  

I don't have a big ice cream maker but I did pick up one that is hand crank....you keep the bowl in the freezer until you are ready to use it.  It's kinda fun to use and pretty fast.  I've been thinking of getting the same kind that attaches to my mixer.  I've just not done it yet.  That might be my next gadget purchase....Haha   ;D ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2013, 09:13:41 AM »
Toosweet I told doug we should start our own food line,reasonably priced! I get sticker shock when I go to the whole foods.I always end up leaving and whipping out my smart phone and ordering stuff in the car  online on the way home :D

shawn116

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2013, 12:08:53 PM »
I know just what you mean Umpa...Haha  I hate when people over charge just because they feel it's a "special item"  Grrrr   Some of those "fancy" grocery stores will charge quite a bit more as well just because they cater to "fancy people".  That may not be the case but it seems plausible to me  :-\   I try to keep a book of the things I like to keep on hand and where I got them from along with the prices.  It's helpful when I run across it in another venue to know where may be the least expensive.   More times than not, ordering online is the best way to go....saves on gas too  ;D ;D

You should totally do a food line  8)  I wish I had the energy to do a bakery.  This darn arthritis just won't let me do what my brain thinks it can Haha  ;D 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 09:49:51 AM »
I actually bought little single serving plastic cups(500 of them) and I will make up 3 different ice creams and put them in the cups in the freezer.Then when i want some ice cream I am not eating out of a carton.My cups are 1/4 cup serving. Portion control is hard for me so this helps ;)

shawn116

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2013, 10:20:39 AM »
Portion control is hard for me so this helps

Me too Umpa....me too  :-\ 

That is a great idea.  I should try that with what I have in the freezer.  I bet it will help cut down on how often I have to replenish my stock   ;D ;D  ;)