Author Topic: Need help with food ideas...  (Read 1802 times)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
Need help with food ideas...
« on: July 04, 2013, 04:23:58 AM »
Hey everyone! I need a list of some foods or recipes that have 0 carbs...sometimes when I'm up really late with my babygirl (like tonight) even though I may have had dinner, and may have used 20 carbs already, I find myself very hungry (like now), and like tonight, my stomach is burning, growling, and nauseated (I'm also on a med that I have to take late that is supposed to be taken with food) so I need some ideas on something I could snack on a little just to keep the tummy happy...nothing big, just a little snack...is there anything out there? I've heard Kale is zero carbs...and I could make Kale, but I didn't know if it was true and what to do with it besides boil it or try to make kale chips...Thanks for your help! Oh, and P.S. for those of you that don't know...I'm vegetarian ;) so any meats are out of the question.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 04:27:44 AM by TabyTaby »
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Need help with food ideas...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 06:19:23 AM »
Do U like cheese TT?  Place some grated cheese (parmesan is good) on some baking parchment . Place in microwave  and zap approx 1 min till melted and little crisp. Take out and let cool. Doesn't take long. Like cheese crisps.  Keep in fridge.  I can usually fit 4-5 circles in my microwave.  U can time the cooking so they come out quite crunchy. Experiment. :)

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 03:22:40 PM »
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but kale isn't a 0 carb snack.  Here is a post about making it into chips...yummy but you will need to measure.  1 cup contains 7g carbs with 1g fiber  http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=4479.0  I'm with Morgan....I can't come up with much of anything that would be 0 carb and not a protein other than cheese.  If it were me I would probably have a shake or something like that.  Maybe some almond milk with some cheese crisps?  I have to admit you've got me stumped on this one  Haha   :-[  You might need to save a couple of carbs back for nights like that  ;)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 03:49:07 PM »
Thanks ladies...Yeah TooSweet I figured that out after I typed it when I looked up carb counts online :\ I found a couple things...cheese (yes morgan I LOVE cheese) and the OMM without the egg, only flax and butter on top...but that was all I came up with :\ oh and Boca patties...I forgot the boca patties...the vegetarian style have the same number of carbs as fiber so it makes it zero! Thanks for trying and thanks for the cheese crisps morgan...I could put the Boca patty between those crisps :D
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.