Author Topic: Doug! Your tuna rolls!  (Read 10153 times)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Doug! Your tuna rolls!
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 09:17:14 AM »
You are welcome ;)

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 01:27:27 PM »
Hi all, so I finally bought the tools and made my sushi.  Made it with fake crab sticks, avacado and tomato slices.  Also tried with cucumber sticks.  I have to admit here that I did use sushi sticky rice on the outside of the nari.  Watched youtube on how to do this.  Yes, more sugar, but couldn't resist.  Sorry all FTS folks...sniff....  And, the way you eat this sushi is p[lacing a whole slice in your mouth and not cutting into it, because the nari does not cut well.  But, saying all of this, I am going to try the cauliflour/philly 4oz cheese and spices and try putting that on the outside of the nari like the California rolls.  I tried puttng everything inside the first time, but there was too much Nari in my mouth all at once and I didn't wait for the sticky rice to cool down so it melted the nari slighly. 

Another trick is to put the clear cling wrap around the bamboo wrap so nothing sticks to it.  They show it in all of the you tubes.  Also, my two asian friends at work said they use the cling wrap all the time.  I was so excited that I could do this and they were looking at me funny cause this is a staple in their home, like pasta is in mine.  Now I don't have to go out and buy it as they charge lots of money for sushi at the supermarkets.

Brought the sushi to work and shared with a few folks and they loved itl

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2014, 10:04:30 AM »
I like to keep sliced sushi in the fridge to snack on in Florida.Its light and it fills me up.I can also get a variety of fresh fish when we are fishing for my sushi ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2014, 11:58:01 AM »
I like to keep sliced sushi in the fridge to snack on in Florida.Its light and it fills me up.I can also get a variety of fresh fish when we are fishing for my sushi ;)

I've caught lots of fish, Umpa.
But I've never caught a sushi... Wait do you use for bait? ;) :D ;D :D ;D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2014, 10:33:24 AM »
A eggroll!! :D :D :D :D :D You crack me up Tony! :D

mouseissue