Author Topic: TooSweets quest for un-sweetness  (Read 44827 times)

shawn116

TooSweets quest for un-sweetness
« on: July 06, 2013, 02:53:43 PM »
Ok guys I have given myself a challenge to not eat anything sweet for a two week period....Morgan you have inspired me  ;D  
I would like to see if I can break my habit and my unforgiving sweet tooth.  I'll post my meal plan on here to keep me accountable and give me an outlet to grumble along the way Haha

It's day one and already I am stressing.  I'm thinking it is mostly because I know I can't have any....I am determined to have control over this even if I do keep the sweets FTS friendly   ;)  Really want to have a hard candy right now but will refrain   :-X   :-\

6:30am:
Usual cup of coffee x 2= 0 carb
1 oz of cheddar cheese = 0 carb
hard boiled egg= .5 carb

Drinking water water water  ;D ;D

2:30 pm:
Joseph's pita (yes I ate a whole one  :D ) = 4 carb
smoked turkey = o carb
deli style baby swiss cheese = 1 net carb
pepperoni = 0 carb
lettuce (2 small leaves) minimal....= maybe .5 net carb
mayo = 0 net carb
Water to drink

I'm not sure what I will have planned for later...I'll come back and post when I know  :)

6:30 pm:  Dinner was delicious.  I had two hamburger patties topped with 1/4 cup sauteed mushrooms and swiss cheese = 2 net carbs
1/2 cup broccoli and 1/2 cup of cauliflower steamed and topped with butter = 3.5 net carbs
Water to drink

Total of 11.5 net carbs for the day.  I have almonds and almond milk set aside for a snack if I get hungry tonight   ;D

Funny but my head is hurting and has been most of the day....wondering if this is a withdrawal symptom from the artificial sweeteners    ::)   HA!    Feeling inspired and determined   :)

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 06:36:16 PM by TooSweet »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: TooSweets quest for un-sweetness
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 03:27:29 PM »
Kudos for fighting the "sweets monster", Shawn! :) :) :) :) :)

And think of the battle as you "can" have sweets...
But you choose not to because your health is more important! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 03:52:24 PM »
Thanks my friend   :)  That is exactly what I keep telling myself   :D

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 06:32:37 PM »
You go girl...I made it to day 6 and then got ice cream...if I see my weight affected I'll not do that again :)
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 06:37:48 PM »
Hang in there Taby    ;D  you are doing great  :)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 06:50:01 PM »
Thanks Too Sweet! You too!!!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: TooSweets quest for un-sweetness
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 08:33:19 PM »
You can do it toosweet!

shawn116

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 09:14:46 PM »
Thanks friends   ;D

shawn116

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 08:24:24 AM »
Day 2:
Woke up this morning with head hurting still  :-\  ...way too early I might add!   Hubs worked nights last night and came home hungry.  Eggs and sausage it is  Haha

6:30 am:
Usual coffee x 2 = 0 net carb
2 Scrambled eggs = 1 net carb
2 sausage patties = 0 net carb
.5 oz of cheddar cheese = 0 net carb

2:30 pm:
snack pack of provolone cheese and Genoa salami = 0 net carbs (I love these things for a quick 0 carb snack....I have only been able to find them at Trader Joe's though  :( )
Ice water with lemon juice = 1 net carbs
1 oz of almonds = 2 net carbs

6:30 pm:
Ribeye steak on the grill....Yummy I'm so torchered  ;) = 0 net carbs
Green beans sauteed in a little coconut oil and butter with garlic = 3.5 net carbs
Small salad with romaine, cucumber slices, two grape tomatoes and 2 Tbs of spicy ranch dressing (1 net carb) = 4 net carbs

I feel like I have eaten too much food today...Haha  I should have saved 1/2 my steak for a salad tomorrow but I was greedy  :-\  HA!  I don't anticipate wanting anything this evening if so I'll just have some almond milk.  Not too bad with the sweet craving...keeping busy  ;D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 08:02:30 PM by TooSweet »

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 09:42:14 AM »
Hi TooSweet....soon to be UnSweet :) I suggest you enjoy some natural sweet over the next 2 weeks. Strawberries are wonderful this time of year and are Very Very good for you. Blackberries are coming into season in the mountains and we are already picking Raspberries off our vines. I understand where you're going with this concept and I'm certain you'll succeed but there's no reason to not have berries along the way :) You can make unsweetened whipped cream and you'll surprised as your taste for sweet diminishes how naturally sweet heavy cream really is.  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

shawn116

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 10:55:19 AM »
You can make unsweetened whipped cream and you'll surprised as your taste for sweet diminishes how naturally sweet heavy cream really is. 

I'm already sensing that Doug...LOL  I noticed how sweet my lettuce tasted.  Thanks for the encouragement.  I have a great farmers market just down the road from me that I'm sure has some wonderful fresh berries out now.  I think I'll go a few more days just to prove that I can do it and then reward myself  ;D ;D   You know it's a problem when that is all you think about  :o :o  I have even found myself coming up with excuses to visit Walmart so that I can restock my hard candies  :-\ :-\  Yep  I'm hooked  Haha  I guess an addiction is an addiction....regardless if it is something that isn't so bad for you.  Feeling determined   :)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 03:04:25 PM »
You're right TooSweet, as I've said before, and addict is an addict is an addict. I've worked with addicts who were addicted to Opium which is a disease classified by the DSM-TR-IV and I've counseled them on how to break the addiction, and the same things I told them, I am now telling myself! I once had a guy who was addicted to heroine who got clean for 8 months, then a friend of his came over with some cocaine...NOT even what he was addicted to before and he had never had a coke problem...guess what happened? He took a hit and dropped out of the program. I liken this to sugar and sugar subs...we may never have had a problem with sugar substitutes, but if we only change the action, the presenting problem (regular sugar dependence) instead of the root issue (our minds and attitudes about our bad eating lifestyle) then you're just masking it and swapping it out for something else, and eventually, we will fall. We have to change ourselves and our mind along the process...which I know to be extremely hard because I am STILL in the process. The truth is, for me, this may be a lifelong process, but as long as I recognize that and keep it at the forefront of my mind I am okay...it's when I think I'm safe and "above" that type of behavior that I will fall ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 04:09:32 PM »
Natural sweetness is the sweetness God intended!

So many natural things we take for granted, have their own sweetness.
Fresh lettuce is a good example! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 04:57:44 PM »
You are so right Tony........Bell peppers too   ;D ;D  I'm preparing a salad for tonight and took a bite as I cut the veggies....yumm  Haha

Tabby you are correct too.  I'm pretty sure that is all I did was exchange one for the other.....but that is really the core of why FTS is so successful.  We replace our favorite things.   There isn't anything wrong with that if it isn't a gotta have kinda thing. Treats are meant to be just that treats....not for everyday  Haha  I have no fear of falling, but I do want to be in control of my food and not the other way around.  It's a work in progress for sure...  ;D

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 05:37:05 PM »
I think with FTS it is an exchange...but Doug continues to warn that you have to change old habits as well...it's the combination I think that works...simply exchanging without understanding and changing would be in vain and I think eventually would lead to disaster, as that article shows. You've been on track for so long girl I can't imagine you falling! I'm SO glad you're here...you are a great help and inspiration for me :D