Author Topic: TooSweets quest for un-sweetness  (Read 44832 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: TooSweets quest for un-sweetness
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2013, 06:30:59 PM »
You can do this TooSweet. I just finished my 14 days and it was a good challenge to myself.  I was stronger than I thought. I had said that doesn't mean I would hop  back into the 'sweet' but I found myself baking a batch  of modified umpadoodles last night in anticipation of being able to have "something" with my coffee again. 

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2013, 06:40:54 PM »
Intrigued...what are umpadoodles?
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2013, 06:55:43 PM »
Umpa's version of snickerdoodles. I use a combination of almond and flax instead almond and soy flour. Half recipe makes 20 at about 0.3carbs per cookie. Yummo.  I also like my cookies thin and a bit crunchy so I flatten them and then they spread also.  They not little, they  a reasonable size.  They seem soft when cool, but U keep in fridge and they harden up.  Served them to friends and they like them.  They just think homemade cookies - which of course they are.;)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2013, 07:05:33 PM »
Awesome thanks Morgan!!!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

shawn116

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2013, 07:09:05 PM »
Thanks Taby   ;D  No...I don't stray very far now that I am maintaining.  I think I have an advantage with having diabetes so to speak (if you could ever think of having it as an advantage  :-\ ) If I fall very far from this lifestyle I notice it right away and actually feel physically sick.  :P :P When something makes you sick to eat it....you learn to not indulge yourself  Haha  Plus I'm with Tony....most of those old foods I used to have to have really taste awful to me now.  I don't ever want to have to be back on those meds that is for sure  ;D

shawn116

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2013, 07:12:08 PM »
You can do this TooSweet. I just finished my 14 days and it was a good challenge to myself.  I was stronger than I thought. I had said that doesn't mean I would hop  back into the 'sweet' but I found myself baking a batch  of modified umpadoodles last night in anticipation of being able to have "something" with my coffee again.

Thanks Morgan!  You did great!!   ;D  You really have inspired me to try this.  Those Umpadoodles sound pretty good!  I haven't had any of those for a while.  I'll put those on the list to have something to look forward to  Haha 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2013, 10:17:08 AM »
Morgan TooSweet I applaud both of you.I am constantly revamping my food plans so I don't get bored. I find when I have sweets in the freezer I don't crave them .  :D

shawn116

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2013, 10:32:37 AM »
Nope...not me  when they are there I feel like I have to have one everyday until they are gone  :-\  I'm sure it is a mind over matter thing because I have plenty of sweets in the house and those coconut ice creams are still there.  I want some but I am determined to not give in.  I want to enjoy food as it was intended for a while...naturally.   Dougs idea of the strawberries is a good one.  I usually have to add sweetness to them when I eat them......I bet they will taste sweeter to me now  ;) ;)

shawn116

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2013, 10:45:10 AM »
Day 3

Head isn't hurting as bad this morning so yeah me!!! Hopefully it is all out of my system....time will tell   ::)

7:00am  I slept in a bit  HA!!  ;D
Usual cup of coffee (hazelnut flavored)  = 0 net carbs

9:00am
Shared two scrambled eggs with grandbaby (best eggs ever  ;) ) = .5 net carbs
1 slice of ham = 0 net carb
1 cup of coffee w/heavy cream and coconut oil = .5 net carbs  (need the energy to chase grandbaby)

After giving the grandbaby back the hubs and I went out to Buffalo Wild Wings
You guessed it I had wings I always ask for the dry rub on the side....they list theirs as being 0 carbs
Blue cheese dressing = 2 net carbs
Celery sticks = 1.5 net carbs
water to drink

Evening snack
Almonds = 2 net carbs
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 12:12:12 AM by TooSweet »

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2013, 07:51:53 AM »
That's a solid menu :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013, 08:01:34 AM »
I love buffalo wild wings! Doug and I went to outback and there was a 45 minute wait.I had not eaten since breakfast so we went for wings next door.Super Yummy! I like that I can get a mixed dozen ;)
So are we gonna rename you TooTart :D :D :D

shawn116

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2013, 08:40:26 AM »
 :D :D :D   We might have to Umpa  Haha 

I'm feeling pretty good today.  My wings were huge though and I was pretty full when I finished.  Usually I carry some home with me but ate more than usual and had to leave some.  :'(   The hubs and I went to a movie after and I knew they wouldn't last in the car.   It's one of my favorite places to go  ;D

shawn116

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2013, 09:19:03 PM »
Day 4

Because I had so much chicken yesterday with my wings meal I decided to go with veggies most of the day. 

6:30 am usual coffee x 2 = 0 net carbs

11:00 am   
1 1/2 cup of steamed cauliflower, broccoli and mushrooms with butter and parmesan cheese = 5.5 net carbs

7:00 pm 
2 servings of pulled pork bought at Sam's Club = 2 net carbs
1 Joseph's pita = 4 net carbs
sauteed green beans = 3 net carbs

Water water water    :) 

So far so good  ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2013, 09:39:18 AM »
looks good ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2013, 01:33:15 PM »
You're doing great, Shawn!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Before much longer, you'll break the "sweet tooth" cycle!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!