Author Topic: Married, but no wedding................. :(  (Read 6101 times)

LADYCD

• View Profile
Married, but no wedding................. :(
« on: August 04, 2013, 08:25:08 PM »
Hey Group,

Never posted, but need some encouragement. Got married on July 17th and love my husband, but didn't want to do an actual wedding yet due to my weight. I cringe at the thought of being in a white dress. :( My Hubbie, John, loves me and just want me to be happy.

Tried the low carb thing in the past, but never went longer than a month. I truly would like to have an intimate and beautiful ceremony for close family and friends, but need to get some weight off. Not looking to be skinny, never was my goal, just be comfortable in my skin.

Due to school and full-time job, I need a menu plan that is easy. Don't mind eating the same things over and over, especially if I'm getting results. Need an eating plan that will fit in with my schedule and don't take much time to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Is there others in the group who have hypothyroidism? Success?

Open to advice, suggestions, etc......Thankssssss! :-X.......rereading the book starting tonight.

1st goal: Lose 40 by bday in Nov

First luv....last luv....is self luv......

shawn116

Re: Married, but no wedding................. :(
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 09:02:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum LADYCD  ;D  and congratulations to you and your hubby  ;)  It is totally doable to lose a good bit by November....  What makes FTS different from most other diets is just that...its a lifestyle not a diet.  We find replacements for all your favorite foods so there is no need to go back to eating the wrong things.  My advice would be to keep it simple.  Especially in the beginning when going through sugar detox.  Eat plenty of lean meats with healthy fats and low starchy veggies.  Drink plenty of water and always plan ahead.  Coming to the forum for support is a great tool to keep you on track and you get the bonus of hanging out with us cool folks   ;D ;D  There are lots of recipes and menu ideas throughout the forum so spend some time reading and ask anything you would like to know...there is always someone hanging out.  I look forward to getting to know you   :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 09:44:49 AM »
Welcome LadyCD! I am Umpa,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask ;) I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.Congrats on your wedding! Sounds like you found a great guy!You are going to do great and we are going to help ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 10:41:02 AM »
Hello Lady CD welcome to the family, please review this post   http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=5470.0

Don't worry, we gotcha! You'll have a wonderful wedding soon  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

LADYCD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 12:34:10 PM »
I want to start off saying to all that responded...so far, YOUR AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I can tell you guys really care and want to make sure each person is successful. Beaming this morning. I don't usually post, but I know there is no shame asking for help and guidance.

Doug- Def check out the link and thanks for really caring about others health and remaining dedicated. My Grandma, on Dad side and my father are diabetic. Need to do something now to make sure that doesn't become my fate. Hopefully, I can educate my family and get them healthier. I need to show them, so they will follow. Actions speak louder than words.

Umpa- Yes, I will ask questions, feel comfortable now to do so and check out your column. John is and he deserve to have a wife that isn't insecure. Thanks again!

TooSweet- Thanks........I was hoping it wasn't reaching for 1st goal. Your right...removing diet out of my vocab and focus on making it a lifestyle change. My aim is to never go back....tired of the yo yo diets. Planning ahead will ensure success because that's when temptation comes in. Read all I can on the forums and touch base where I can with the group. Looking forward to getting to know you and the rest of FTS superstars.

READY AND DETERMINED TO DROP THIS WEIGHT.............FINALLY!!!!!!!! :)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 08:12:42 PM »
Congratulations on getting married.  Marriage is in the heart not on outward appearances.  Be joyous you have someone that truly loves you the way you are and doesn't want to change you.

That being said I understand the 'cringe' thing.  We want our 'outside' to match our 'inside'. 
You've come to the right place for understanding and support, we are here to listen and help.  Ask any questions you want to ask, no matter if you think they are minor or been asked a million times before, they are new to you.  Someone will answer.  As TooSweet said don't treat it like a diet, it is a lifestyle change.  A change for the better - a healthier inside and a happier outside (happier either way  :) ).

Post often - we love to hear from new people.

LADYCD

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 10:42:36 PM »
Morgan...........totally right! I'm blessed to find a man who loves me for me....flaws and all. He reminds me all the time that he isn't perfect, so he doesn't expect me to be. At the end of the day, I just want to be comfortable in my skin.

My aim is to take it one day at a time.....lifestyle change, not a diet. Tired of diets. Can't stand the word..........lol

No longer will I be shy and will ask for help....always. Feel comfortable now. Thanks for taking the time out to respond.........appreciated greatly.  :)

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 12:59:49 AM »
You certainly are blessed to find a man who loves you for you!!! You are going to get some good recipes on here!

LADYCD

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 09:37:01 AM »
Susie..............Yes, I know.  :)  Can't wait to see what the future hold for us. Def going to make use of the recipes and get ready.............Preparation is key.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 01:34:56 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, LADYCD!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

FTS has radically changed many lives (including my own).
If you want it deeply enough, and truly commit yourself, the wedding you envision will be yours!

We'll be right here to help you all the way there, and beyond! :)

Tony
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 12:01:18 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

LADYCD

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 01:45:22 PM »
Tony........... I'm ready to make a major change in my life. Weight has always been an issue for me and I hate it, but I'm taking responsibility for my choices.

Today choosing to become healthier,for not only me,for those around I love dearly. Life is so short.......I've wasted enough years being overweight and unhappy.

Thanks for reaching out........  ;)

LADYCD

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 01:35:20 AM »

To make sure I'm successful this time around, need a meal plan and do it for a week or two. I plan to start next week.........my husband and I are currently moving into our new apt.

This is the meal plan I came up w/ for the next 2 weeks. I don't mind eating the same things every day. Less work....

Please let me know what you think. Open to suggestions.

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
2 strips of bacon
cup of green or oolong tea sweetened w/ stevia or liquid splenda

Lunch:
4 cups of romaine lettuce
shredded cheese
2 chicken breasts (cut up)
2 tbsp sugar free dressing (love Ken's dressing, ok?)

Snack:(optional)
Atkins RTD shake or bar (phase 1)

Dinner:
1-2 Turkey burger/patty
w/ sauteed green peppers, onions, and mushrooms in olive oil.

Drink plenty of water and crystal light (how much allowed?), to switch up.

Is this too much or too little food?

Thanks in advance.  :)

shawn116

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2013, 12:20:24 PM »
Planning ahead is surely one of the most important things you can do to be successful   :)  The first thing that stands out to me is the breakfast, lunch and dinner thought.  I know....we are ingrained to think in those terms.   As you detox you will notice that you aren't always hungry at the "right" times.  Remember one of the first rules of FTS is never eat unless you are truly hungry.   ;)  Myself....I don't start to think about eating something until around 11 and I rarely eat more than 2 meals in a day along with a snack or two.   Remember....just because the clock says it is time to eat doesn't mean you need to partake.  You should let your body tell you when your eating clock starts.

One of the best parts about FTS is that we use real food that most everyone can find in their local grocery.  Now that you know how to read those labels you can buy and enjoy your favorite products as long as you don't go over your 20 net carbs.  I was thrilled to know I can actually enjoy my favorite salad dressing without having to eat the horrid fat free version  :P :P  Ken's products are very good.  Just make sure you are adding up those carbs and measuring your servings  ;D

Next I'll just say this about the Atkins products.  I actually do enjoy some of them....I've tried the frozen meals they came out with (there is nothing to them and I decided that I can make the same only better  ;D ) but a good bit of their bars will spike my blood sugar.  I'm guessing it's the sweeteners that they use.  Just the same....if it spikes my blood sugar it will function just the same as real sugar does, causing me to burn that instead of fat.  Also many of their products don't add up with their labels.  I have a hard time trusting them.  That being said if you notice that you aren't losing, you should probably find a different snack.  There are tons of recipes on the forum  :)

Just a note on the crystal light.  I love those little buggers...Haha   Just make sure you read those labels.  Some of them are a carb and others that list 0 are for only 1/2 the package (who uses only 1/2 a package ??)  Companies can list it as 0 if it is only 1/2 a carb or lower.  They can add up on you quick  :-\

What you have listed sound really good....I'm the same way...I can eat the same things over and over but eventually you will get burned out.  Switch it up a bit and use different veggies, spices, cheeses etc....

Make your plate and eat 1/2 of it....wait 15 minutes and see if you want more.  Only eat when you are truly hungry, your body will tell you...you just have to listen  ;D  You are off to a great start!!!  

« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:22:56 PM by TooSweet »

LADYCD

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2013, 12:33:54 PM »
TooSweet..............Your great! Thanks so much. I was thinking the same thing last night, if I truly want to make this a lifestyle.........need to feel comfortable finding foods that are FTS approved..wherever.....

Not really a breakfast person...........I can have tea and sometimes wait to almost 12 to eat something. I was always told I had to eat breakfast and that's why metabolism is so slow. Def go by what my body tells.

Prob stay away from the bars, but love the shakes. Come in handy when I'm on the go.

Crystal light will limit. Prob just do cold green tea w/ splenda.

Thanks again! :

shawn116

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2013, 01:48:40 PM »
Any time  :)  We are all in it together  ;D ;D  I'm all for convenient Haha  just pay attention to your body.  It will show you the way.  If they slow you down on the scale, back off of them for a while and see if they are the problem  ;) Keep up the great work !!