Author Topic: IF ONE MORE PERSON SAYS  (Read 2828 times)

Joagain

• You can have excuses or results you cant have both
    • View Profile
IF ONE MORE PERSON SAYS
« on: September 17, 2013, 03:15:41 PM »
tells me that fat is what makes you fat I am going to scream !!!!!!!!!! was talking to someone about tyler losing some weight gaining muscle and having  a GREAT A1C and they still don't get it .
I told them is all we watch is the carb count not the calories and fat so much  (I do have to watch my calories )

how many of you have tracked your calories Fat and carb % ? if you have what are they on a typical day ?

You can have excuses or results you cant have both !

Joagain

• View Profile
Re: IF ONE MORE PERSON SAYS
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 03:16:43 PM »
oh and also if you don't eat until 10 AM your metabolism will not start working and you need 3 meals

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 03:37:35 PM »
I'm with you Jo...Haha  I hear that all the time too.  I don't track my calories though.  I stopped doing that when in the beginning it scared me at how high they actually were  HA!  Now that I am more experienced with the low carb lifestyle and have proof that my blood work is doing great....it has balanced out a bit.  Here is a interesting web site that you can use to calculate the calories burned by your weight and activity being done.  http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc  I would much rather burn fat by the food that I eat then to beat myself up trying to do it in the gym. 

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 06:15:02 PM »
Maybe you should scream, it will feel good and put off anyone else asking dumb questions or giving dumb advice.  I know you won't but, sometimes don't you wish you could be like a little kid and just show your emotions?  I have come to the stage that I just don't need to explain or defend myself.  I have chosen this lifestyle and that is that. If I have internal struggles, I am the one who has to deal with it.

My first thoughts were how well brainwashed the population is, having heard the same spiel year after year from the supposed health professionals.  Even though everyone is getting bigger and bigger eating all this non-fat healthy food and dying from related diseases.  I mean food is such big business and if they can make something addictive, then that's where the big money is.  Take bread for instance, if it was still the boring, hard as a rock stuff that it was when originally made, do you think anyone would be eating it in the quantities they do today?  I doubt it.  Now it is loaded with so many additives (including sugar which is so addictive as we know).

NoellBlue1

• Happy to be alive :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 08:07:34 PM »
I agree with you morgan.   :D
Wishing you love, joy, peace, light, and laughter for every moment in your life;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 12:17:59 PM »
Hi, Jo! :)

We ALL hear that at one time or another!
It's no wonder since our society (even doctors) is brainwashed into that thinking.
But our bodies, and improved health, PROVE them WRONG!!!

I use software to track what I eat, my activity levels, and progress.
On average, I get as a percentage of calories from:

Fat        66%
Protein  24%
Carbs     4%
Other     6%

Most folks think that watching calories makes a difference.
But we should watch carbs, portion sizes, and how much we eat each day, in total.

If we eat too much, even low carb food, we will stall or gain weight.
That is NOT due to the calories. But a metabolic process called gluconeogenesis.

Gluconeogenesis is defined as:

"Formation of glucose within the animal body from precursors other than carbohydrates
especially by the liver and kidney using amino acids from proteins, glycerol from fats,
or lactate produced by muscle during anaerobic glycolysis.
"

Since we know that unused glucose becomes fat, the result of overeating is weight gain.

BTW, I'm VERY happy to hear that Tyler is still doing so well! :) :) :)
How are you doing?

Tony

What you do today is what matters!

Joagain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 04:43:17 PM »
thanks everyone and Tony you are still a sweetie pie !! and always so helpful