Author Topic: October Recipe Contest with a great prize- 3 bottles of Zero and a new book!!!  (Read 46192 times)

o0OSusieO0o

Thanks Tony!!!

Here is something else I made:

Simple Impressive Fettucine

Unexpected guests come over & you need to cook low carb? Well that's what Mary & I do with these ingredients. My 34 yr old daughter was amazed!
9.75 net carbs for entire recipe, Serves 2

6-ounces Foster Farms Chicken Strips (0 net carbs)
1 cup of cauliflower pieces (3 net carbs)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (0 net carbs)
1/4 cup Great Value (Walmart) Alfredo Sauce (2 net carbs)
1 package of Wildwood Pasta Slim Spinach Fettucine (tofu noodles) (4 net carbs)
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream (0.75 net carbs)

Sautee, chicken strips in oil in pan until they are soft, then cut them up into bite-size pieces with your spatula.
Add cauliflower and cook until tender. Add Alfredo sauce & heavy whipping cream. Cook until sauce is thickened.
Serve.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Wow, Susie!!!... I'm really impressed! :) :) :) :) :)
You have some fabulous recipes!
And when I think you've hit your "peak", you impress even more!

I also love foods with creamy sauces as a base.
Your "Simple Impressive Fettuccine" certainly impresses me!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

o0OSusieO0o

Bourbon Street Chicken

What a treat this was for us. Sweetness with ginger & garlic.... was amazing!

6 frozen chicken thighs
1 large clove garlic, chopped (1 net carb)
1/4 tsp. ground ginger (0.25 net carb)
1/4 c. sugar free maple syrup (Walden's 0 carbs)
12 drops FTS Zero Sweet
2 tbsp. Heinz Reduced Sugar Ketchup (2 carbs)
1 tbsp. cider vinegar
1/2 c. water
1/8 c. soy sauce (1 carb)

Place frozen chicken thighs on bottom of crock pot. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook 8 hours on low, then shred chicken in the slow cooker to a "pulled pork" consistency. Serve with vegetables, over cauli-rice, etc.

o0OSusieO0o

Was busy in my kitchen this morning, getting ready for grandson to come over & carve pumpkins & do crafts. Made this:

Goulish Pumpkin Cake with a Cream Cheese Swirl

I made filled cupcakes instead of a cake. I used Stevia & Zero Sweet. Also I had to make in my microwave because my oven went out. I put them in my silicone cupcake molds that i got from dollar store. Microwaved 6 cupcakes on a plate for 2 1/2 minutes. They turned out moist & taste really good! I love the cream cheese filling in the middle. I'm calling my cupcakes "Goulish Pumpkin Muffins" to look tasty for my grandson.
36.5 carbs for entire recipe
I got 12 muffins and a small 6X6-inch cake out of this mix, which equaled to 16 servings at 2.28 net carbs a serving.

For the pumpkin cake layer:
1 ½ cups Trader Joes almond flour (8 net carbs)
½ tsp. ground cinnamon (0.35 net carbs)
½ tsp. ground nutmeg (0.3 net carbs)
½ tsp. ground cloves (0.35 net carbs)
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (.9 net carbs)
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. baking soda
2 large eggs (1.2 net carbs)
48 drops zero carb sweetener
1 cup pure pumpkin (8 net carbs)
½ cup coconut oil

For the cheesecake layer:
8 oz softened cream cheese (9.3 net carbs)
24 drops zero carb sweetener
1 egg (.6 net carbs)
½ tsp vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

Preheat the oven to 350° F.  Grease an 8x8” baking pan. (I used 9 x 9)

In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda; whisk to blend. In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the eggs, sweetener,pumpkin puree and coconut oil. Mix on medium-low speed until blended. With the mixer on low speed, add in the dry ingredients, mixing just until incorporated.

In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and sweetener in a medium bowl and mix well until blended and smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.

Spread ¾ of the pumpkin mixture in the baking pan, creating the base layer.  Then, spread the entire cream cheese mixture on top.  Scoop the remaining pumpkin mixture on top and swirl around.

Bake for 40 minutes.  Let cool and store in the refrigerator.

Since these are really moist, you might want to use a 9x13 baking pan and cook for 30-35 minutes (or until toothpick comes clean). Let them cool before serving.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 01:58:23 AM by o0OSusieO0o »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Well done Susie ;)

Sharlet2808

• View Profile
    • Email
Jello cream drink
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2013, 11:30:29 AM »
I take a high powered blender and fill it with ice. I put a Tbs or two of heavy whipping cream in the blender with the ice. I take two packs of sf jello powder and add to 1 or two cups of boiling water and stir for a minute or two until jello powder has disappeared. I add to ice in blender and blend until ice is crushed.

I love this because it is filling and it takes care of my cravings for sweets.

Sheila
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 01:22:36 PM by Sharlet2808 »

o0OSusieO0o

That's a great idea. I'll wait until it's warmer or might try if I can't wait until then, lol

o0OSusieO0o

Had a yummy lunch, and so simple too!

Tilapia with Garlic
Was so easy to make, was good with broccoli on the side and a slice of homemade bread with butter. I've had Tilapia w/ parmesan, but Mary wanted it without cheese.

1 1/2 lbs tilapia fillets
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
lemon, for serving
chopped parsley ( to garnish)

Season tilapia fillets with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Put fillets in first, and when they start to turn color a bit (after 1-2 minutes) add garlic slices.
Continue cooking about 4 minutes or so, then flip fillets.
Fry until cooked through, and fish flakes easily with a fork, this will depend entirely on the thickness of your fillets, so you will need to watch them carefully.
The garlic should turn a dark golden brown, but not be burned. I noticed that the garlic was starting to burn faster than i thought, so I spooned it over the fish, then it wass no longer in contact with the pan.
Serve with freshly squeezed lemon juice and garnish with parsley.

shawn116

Here is what's for dinner at my house tonight  ;D

Low-carb Deep Dish Pizza
1 Joseph’s pita (you can make it with low carb tortilla or none at all) = 4 net carbs
sprinkle of Italian seasoning =0 net carb
1 Tbs. sauce of your choice (I used a low carb marinara) = 1 net carb
Peperoni = 0 net carb
Bacon = 0 net carb
Ground sausage = 0 net carb
1 strip each of green and red pepper = 1 net carb
Mushrooms = .5 net carbs 
Mozzarella cheese = 0 net carbs
Red pepper flakes for spiciness
These small cast iron dishes are wonderful for single serve pizzas.  You can really pile the yummy stuff on.  This meal is very filling. 
Preheat you oven for 425 and spray your dish with some cooking spray.  Lay your pita in the bottom, spray it as well and sprinkle with italian seasoning.  From there start stacking your favorite ingredients on.  Toss in the oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.  Your toppings are endless…just watch the carb counts  ;)  Really I think the cast iron dish makes this so good.  The crust becomes so crispy....yummmy

o0OSusieO0o

Love your recipe......
Yummmmm.. I have low carb tortillas, how do I make pizzas with those?

shawn116

The same way Sussie  ;)   Tortillas work wonderfully.  I have also just laid them out on a pizza pan but you can stuff it with more goodness in a dish like this.  I have a friend that has used a muffin tin too....they were cute little party favors  :D   

o0OSusieO0o

You give me an idea to make pizzas in my Xpress Platinum cooker!

o0OSusieO0o

Okay TooSweet, you inspired me!
Here is what I came up with:

Chicken Garlic Pizzas

This is not super low in carbs, I'm sure you can lower carbs another way. This recipe might be best for maintenance.

21.5 net carbs for entire recipe, 10.75 net carbs per serving
Serves 2

2 low carb tortillas or pitas (I used Mission Carb Smart 6 net carbs each)
1/2 cup cream (3 net carbs)
4 cloves garlic, minced (3 net carbs)
1/4 cup fresh parmesan (1 net carb)
1/2 tsp xanthan or guar gum
6 oz chicken pieces
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese (1.25 net carbs)
1/2 cup diced zucchini (1.25 net carbs)

Pre-heat your oven or cooking appliance. In a small saucepan, heat cream, garlic, and 2 tbsp of the fresh parmesan. Bring to a rolling boil, add xanthan gum, stir a couple minutes until thick. Place your tortilla or pita on pizza pan or in cooking appliance. Spread oil on tortilla, sprinkle a little mozzarella on it. Add 1/4 cup of garlic sauce, spread and top with 3 oz chicken pieces and 1/4 cup zucchini. Top it off with 1/4 cup mozzarella and 1 tbsp fresh parmesan. Bake 10 to 15 minutes. Will be hot, let it cool. It may be bubbly when it's out of oven or cooker. It will solidify as it cools.

moose61

• View Profile
    • Email
This is just a lazy version of Jalapeno poppers I started making. I used to cut the tops off the peppers, core the seeds out with  a spoon handle, put a drop of sf maple syrup in the bottom and stuff with a mixture of cream cheese,cheddar cheese and breakfast sausage. Then wrap with bacon and grill.  Now, I grill whole peppers, bacon and sausage, when they're done, throw in a pan with the rest of the stuff and put them back on the grill until the cheddar melts. Tastes just as good, and takes half the time.

o0OSusieO0o

What a great snack!!!! Thanks for sharing it. :)