Author Topic: Xylitol, etc...??? I have a question...  (Read 1843 times)

itsasimplelife

• View Profile
Xylitol, etc...??? I have a question...
« on: October 06, 2013, 09:33:13 PM »
I use Stevia almost exclusively now. I like the taste. I keep seeing different sweeteners in the recipes but I would really like to continue using Stevia.  Is Stevia interchangeable with Splenda, Xylitol, Fat to Skinny Zero and other sweeteners listed?  If so, do I still use the same amounts?  Does Stevia remain stable during cooking?  Thanks in advance for your input.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Xylitol, etc...??? I have a question...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 10:21:19 AM »
I use to use stevia for beverages I use Zero now.I didnt like stevia for baking because I always seemed to pick up a licorice taste.Try it though you may like it ;)

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 11:18:21 AM »
Welcome to the forum family itsasimplelife   :) 

Is Stevia interchangeable with Splenda, Xylitol, Fat to Skinny Zero and other sweeteners listed?
 That depends on the kind you are using.  All of these sweeteners you listed can come in the form of liquid, concentrated powder and crystal like regular sugar.  So it will depend on what you are using and if it is 100% with nothing added, as to how much you will need  ;)  Personally I haven't used Stevia alone when baking so I can't attest to whether it holds it's sweetness.  I have however used a blend that has always come out nice.  You can always use your sweetener of choice in any recipe.  If you need help converting a particular kind just let us know and someone will chime in  ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 01:04:19 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, itsasimplelife!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

I almost exclusively use FTS Zero for all sweetening.
It's the only one that does not have any aftertaste and you don't need to worry about digestive issues.

However, there are a few recipes where the added bulk that xylitol gives, is desirable.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

NoellBlue1

• Happy to be alive :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 12:35:49 AM »
Hi itsasimplelife, welcome to the FTS fam... I agree with Tony, FTS zero is the best sugar alternative that I've used so far, ( not that I've tried them all) but the zero sweetener works pretty well and its affordable too. 8)
Wishing you love, joy, peace, light, and laughter for every moment in your life;)