Author Topic: Eat Fats, Cut Carbs to Reclaim Your Skinny Self  (Read 35572 times)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Eat Fats, Cut Carbs to Reclaim Your Skinny Self
« on: October 07, 2013, 02:45:46 PM »
Hi, Gang! :)

As many of you know, I discovered FTS while watching the 700 Club (a TV program produced by CBN) in the Summer of 2010. Doug was a guest on the program and demonstrated how much "hidden sugar" the typical American diet contains.
That was the genesis of my FTS journey...

On my journey, I discovered that by eating more fat than protein while keeping my daily net carbs below 20, and watching portions, my weight loss progress would accelerate.

Here's an article that came out on CBN's website today that confirms the FTS lifestyle will promote good health and weight loss;

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/healthscience/2013/October/Eat-Fats-Cut-Carbs-to-Reclaim-Your-Skinny-Self/

Jimmy Moore's testimony about how his prayers where answered is a mirror image of my own.
I prayed for MANY years that the Lord would give me a means to lose my FAT and keep it off... FTS was the answer!

God bless you, Doug and FTS!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Tony

What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

Re: Eat Fats, Cut Carbs to Reclaim Your Skinny Self
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 03:34:03 PM »
Did you watch the program or just come across that on the web Tony? 

I saw the program that presented this segment.  I was really excited to see it being presented.  But it really frustrated me with the host Pat Robertson's comments after it was over  >:(  It was obvious to me the he just still doesn't get it even after watching all the good health that Jimmy was talking about.  Basically he stated that a low carb diet was the Atkins diet and just protein and fats.  That a person needs to have carbohydrates to prevent things like gout  and arthritis in your joints cropping up due to the over abundance of ketones.  Explaining that the carbs burn up the ketones.   ??? ???  Comparing it to a coal burning furnace and having to scoop out the soot if you don't have the carbs to burn it up.  When will folks out there learn that a low carb life means just that "LOW" carb not "NO" carb.   :( :(  sigh  Makes me wonder if he was really paying attention to the segment at all  :-\

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 04:21:02 PM »
Did you watch the program or just come across that on the web Tony?  ...

Hi, Shawn!

I saw it on the tube then looked it up online... A definite disjoint between the video and following commentary.

I agree about Pat's comments. He has his opinions about things, and among them, dietary regimens.
He clearly does NOT understand how ketosis operates and what a low carb lifestyle can do.
I wonder if he was asleep or using the restroom when Jimmy was telling his story? :-\

This is not the first time Pat's following commentary did not align with the segment he presented.
Although being on target about most things, I believe Pat's getting a bit too old to host the program.
And since his co-hosts are his employee's, they may be a bit reluctant to correct him on the air.

Pat is a good man, with a good heart, who loves the Lord, and the Lord's people.
I pray that the Lord let him gently know it's time to retire and allow his son Gordon to take over the 700 Club.

Tony

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 06:49:22 PM »
I did an interview with Jimmy back in 2009 :) If you want to listen click here- http://www.thelivinlowcarbshow.com/shownotes/wp-content/uploads/llvlc315-doug-varrieur.mp3
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 07:59:13 PM »
Pat is a good man, with a good heart, who loves the Lord, and the Lord's people.
I pray that the Lord let him gently know it's time to retire and allow his son Gordon to take over the 700 Club.

I totally agree Tony  :)

aaidenlayton

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 11:24:06 PM »
Thanks for sharing information.

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 11:43:41 AM »
Welcome aaidenlayton!!
Wasn't that podcast great? So informational.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 07:57:43 AM »
Hello aaidenlayton welcome to the FTS family :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 08:21:47 AM »
Welcome aaidenlayton ! :) I am Umpa,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask

pamsway

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 01:56:09 PM »
This has been an answer to my prayer. I first bought the book in February of 2013 and was excited but soon became discouraged. I picked up the book again yesterday and I'm praying that God and Fat to Skinny will help me lose the much needed weight this time.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 05:56:15 PM »
This has been an answer to my prayer. I first bought the book in February of 2013 and was excited but soon became discouraged. I picked up the book again yesterday and I'm praying that God and Fat to Skinny will help me lose the much needed weight this time.

Hi, pansway! :)

The Good Lord is with you on this, and so are we.
Let's make 2014 the year your life permanently changed for the healthier! :) :) :)

Tony

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 11:13:50 PM »
Welcome PamsWay!
I agree with Tony! We will definitely be here for you to make this year your permanent healthy change!!!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 09:03:07 AM »
Hi Pam, I guarantee our eating plan will drop your weight....what I can't guarantee id that you'll commit yourself and follow the eating plan. It's not that it's hard, because it isn't....it's just different  ::) Most people hate change however that is exactly what you must do. Start with each individual meal....don't overwhelm yourself with trying to plan out weeks ahead of time. Purge the carbs from your home so you don't have them at arms reach and replace them with all the great ingredients that we eat. Re-Read the book and pay close attention to the sugar spoon comparisons. Get it into your head that carbs ARE sugar and sugar IS poison  :o Come onto the forum every day for support and enjoy your food each bite at a time.  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 09:49:20 AM »
Susie you look great! Love the haircut! :)

pamsway

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 10:18:13 PM »
Thanks everyone for your support. This is going to be the year for change. I just know it.

Doug to your reply on getting rid of all the carb stuff in my house, I can't. My husband altho he is supporting me refuses
to eat the foods that I eat. Talk about being different, he thinks it is diet food even tho I try to tell him it isn't, so I just make sure I look at everything I go to eat. I know the things that I can't eat, it's really not to hard for me this time to stay away from it all. I really like this site because there is always someone who will always tell me honestly about the meals I eat and will let me know what changes if any need to be taken.