Author Topic: For all the ones at goal or near goal  (Read 3083 times)

Joagain

• You can have excuses or results you cant have both
    • View Profile
For all the ones at goal or near goal
« on: October 10, 2013, 01:50:21 PM »
Tyler is pretty much where he needs to be ,my question is for the FTS'ers that are at goal or close to it what is a day of food for you ?
Tyler eats very little and I have input it in fatsecret and it is never over 1000  . Is that ok ? Don't want him doing something that may come back to bother him . I know that sometime I do not eat but 2 meals a day his typical day is

Grilled 8 count nugget on his salad around 8-9 am
Then he will not eat gain until 3-4 PM
He will have a bunless hamburger with bacon and cheese ,salad  and 20 carb apple or cantalope then nothing else until around 8
 If his sugar is low which is very rare he will have to eat a carb but most times it is some 100 calorie nuts and  r cheese chips  .
Curious to see you meals since you are at goal or have lost most of your weight thanks

You can have excuses or results you cant have both !

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: For all the ones at goal or near goal
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 02:24:06 PM »
Hi, Jo! :)

Sounds like Tyler is doing great! ;D ;D ;D
I pray that you are as well. :) :) :)

Remember, no two of us are alike.
What will work for one, may leave another very hungry or overstuffed.
That is true even for people close in age and size.

So each of us must find that "sweet spot" amount where we balance our intake with our hunger.
Also remember, that amount will vary with the amount of daily activity and with age.

I'm a tall, large boned, large frame former football player.
The amount I eat to maintain would make most other folks gain weight.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 03:26:13 PM »
Hi Jo  great to see you  :)

I agree with Tony...it looks like Tyler is doing great!  Is it the daily calorie count that is bothering you? 
His menu is pretty close to a typical day for me as well.  Minus the higher carb fruits of course.  That being said...he is a growing boy.  As long as he is getting a balanced diet with all the nutrients his body is requiring I would think he should be ok.  Like Tony said though....all of us are different.  Maybe you could increase his fat intake?  I'm not sure I know enough about nutrition to be able to give you a very good answer.  Sorry I can't help more  :-\     

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 11:40:00 AM »
Jo he is doing great !! You have given him the tools to manage his type 1 diabetes.  ;) I imagine his insulin use is down too?

Joagain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 02:20:54 PM »
Thanks yes his insulin has  gone down ! I am still eating low carb but have given up trying to lose weight I was told by my Ass of a doctor that is no longer my doctor that sometimes so much damage has been done to the metabolic system it can't be undone . I have gained what I just lost back . Just tired of trying ,buti do feel better eating this way .  That is so reassuring isn't it ?

My thyroid numbers are now lower then they were before I started thyroid meds last year ask him why and he says he doesn't know ! I ask him can I wean off my thyroid meds and he said he doesn't know only 1 way to find out !! What a AH . Anyway I am pretty much done unless I can find thyroid meds myself I am going to just get use to being obese from what he just told me yesterday . I am glad everyone is doing well

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 01:35:19 AM »
Jo I am so sorry  :(  I know you must be so frustrated.  Darn it some docs just aren't worth the ink their medical license is written with.   >:(  Maybe you can find one that is more helpful and is more knowledgeable in nutrition and thyroid issues.  But above all listens to you.  Nothing makes me more angry than for a doc to not listen or care what I have to say.  Give me the brush off and you get fired   :-\  Hang in there girl...I'm sending prayers that you will find a resolution   :) 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 09:55:12 AM »
Jo my heart goes out to you.You need to find a new doctor.Dont give up ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 06:37:01 PM »
My heart goes out to you too , Jo! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Where are you finding these awful healthcare providers?
From what you've said, they are much worse than awful!... They're actually dangerous!

I'll be praying that the Lord gives you a good doctor to oversee your health.

Tony

NoellBlue1

• Happy to be alive :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 07:32:34 PM »
Hi Jo, I hope things work out for the better in your life.  Sometimes it is a bit difficult to find good medical help these days.  I feel for you, try to stay positive and keep at it with finding a good doc and your weight loss.  I wishing good health for you and your family, take care! :)
Wishing you love, joy, peace, light, and laughter for every moment in your life;)

Joagain

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 09:00:56 PM »
Thanks everyone , I am trying my best to find one but he is the only one that will give natural thyroid meds here in Alabama and he seems to know it ! I was going to go to one in TN bu my insurance will only pay for another state if itis a emergency or a referral
I have researched so much That I could probably self medicate and have my own labs done . Which maybe what I do . Thanks so much for listening and I told Tyler y'all were proud of him he said thanks !!!!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 11:11:23 AM »
Hi, Jo! :)

You case is one of MILLIONS that scream for REAL healthcare reform that allows insurance carriers from all 50 states compete for our business (just like auto or life insurance).

But since the big health insurance company lobbies prevailed, Obamacare keeps their state monopolies intact.
They will certainly make MUCH more money now because of it at OUR expense!

Do whatever you must to get and stay healthy, Jo.
You're in my prayers.

Tony