Author Topic: Tired and headache??  (Read 1845 times)

rugygirl58

Tired and headache??
« on: October 22, 2013, 01:11:23 PM »
On my 5th day of FTS.  I have been so tired and headache off and on.  Hoping today will be better........has anyone felt this way when starting out?

shawn116

Re: Tired and headache??
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 05:22:00 PM »
That is normal detox Rubygirl.  Detox usually only lasts about 2 weeks, but everyone is different.  The length will be longer if you aren't careful enough with your carbs also.  Once you are through it, you will feel so much better.  It just takes a little adjustment period for your body to switch from burning carbs to burning fat for fuel and to get all that sugar out of your system.  The headaches may be from not consuming enough sodium.  Our diets pre-FTS are usually full of processed foods that contain tons of sodium.  Try drinking some good 0 carb broth.  Chicken, beef or vegetable and see if that helps ease them off some.  That is what helped me when I was detoxing  ;)  Also be sure to be drinking plenty of water to help flush your system.  Hang in there you are doing great  :D :D

rugygirl58

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 06:25:37 PM »
Thank you so much for your response.  It makes me feel so much better.  I am drinking lots of water and I think I am sticking to 20 gm carbs......I WAS a real sugar addict....so detox makes a lot of sense.  I don't mean just sugar either I mean carbs sugar......and sugar sugar.....all of it!!!  I said WAS because I am done with it, I know I am on the right track with this program.  I just know in my heart. 

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 09:09:24 PM »
Oh I know what you are saying  ;) ;)  Believe me, that is the same story many of us can tell.  Those carbs are sneaky too...so keep a log.  That way you can look back and see what might be giving you trouble if you hit a stall.  .  It's helpful to remember what we go through in detox....it makes it easier to stay away from the dark side  ;D ;D ;D  No one wants to go through it again...Haha

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 08:52:47 AM »
Hi RubyGirl, Toosweet is right on the money with her advice to you. Be strong, you'll get through detox like the rest of us did and come out the other side feeling wonderful!  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)