Author Topic: Flatout flatbread  (Read 3698 times)

pamsway

• View Profile
    • Email
Flatout flatbread
« on: January 14, 2014, 08:01:27 AM »
I found Flatout flatbread multi grain with flax at Kroger. They are 100 calories, high fiber (8g) carbs (17). Which makes them 9 carbs for one flatbread. My question is, if I cut them in half and use them as a wrap would that be ok? My thinking is if I cut it in half I would be getting 4 1/2 carbs.

I did half one this morning and put 2 pieces of turkey bacon, 1 egg, and 2 tbls shredded cheese (shredded from block).

Your thoughts everyone.  :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Flatout flatbread
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 08:43:27 AM »
Yes.If you go to Walmart  by the deli section you will see baskets and in those baskets are Josephs pita breads.Those are tastier than flatout great for burgers when you are out and about ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 12:18:22 PM »
Hi, Pam! :)

I like both the Joseph's Pitas and Flatouts.
I also like Mission Carb Balance Tortillas.

One of my favorites is making something like tuna or chicken salad and stuffing pitas with some lettuce and shredded cheese... YUM! ;D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 09:47:03 AM »
Anyone say PIZZA ??  Haha  Pam they are great to use for pizza too.  Just keep track of your carbs and you will do fine  ;)  

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 08:36:18 AM »
I love them for pizza -----  I have actually used Susie's pizza crust (almost like the one minute muffin, except it has parmisan cheese) and you cook it like a pancake.  Then you add the toppings to it and place in the oven or toaster oven.  It is amazingly delish!

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 11:10:46 AM »
Thanks Ellie! I go nuts in my kitchen trying to perfect a recipe to satisfy my teen's taste for everyday foods. When I get foods from food bank I have to get creative too. I'm such a penny pincher. When I have extra money I stock up. Last December I bought 1/2 lbs of Guyaki Yerbs Mate Tea bags and Chai Tea bags. I use 1 bag 3 times and each cup tastes great!

If you like cheese and cauliflower there are amazing recipes out there. I have full fat mozzarella and omg it's sooooo good. I have yet to make this type of pizza crust.

I used to make flat out & Joseph's pita pizzas but now there is no wheat in my house.