Author Topic: New to FTS  (Read 14821 times)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: New to FTS
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 01:34:47 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, Grover!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Billyjoe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014, 04:47:14 PM »
I am new on this forum, and just started the FTS plan a couple weeks ago. I quit smoking 4 yrs ago, and was beginning to think that was my biggest mistake ever. I have gained about 50 lbs since quitting, and just miserable all the time.
I got the book a couple weeks ago because of advice from a friend of mine who lives in Florida, and swears by it.
My first week, I did lose 7 lbs. That was great, and tomorrow morning is my next weigh in, and I sure hope I am still losing.
I feel good about this system, and wishing for the best. I would like to lose 40-50 lbs, and get back down to my weight when I was smoking at 190-200.
Goodluck to everyone, and lets all do this together in 2014

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: New to FTS
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 07:00:54 PM »
I am Umpa Doug's wife if I can help you please ask

shawn116

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2014, 10:24:27 AM »
Hi  Billyjoe  Welcome to the forum family  :)  Just keep with the FTS guidelines set out in Doug's book and you will be fine.  Trust me quitting smoking was amazingly the best choice.  Living the FTS lifestyle is the next best decision you have made.   ;D ;D  Trust me....I was a smoker for many years, so I know what it is like to quit.  Not a easy thing to do.  You tend to gain because you are simply replacing the hand to mouth with a cig to food.  I couldn't believe how much time I had on my hands when I no longer smoked.  Haha  Please come join in on the conversations and take a look around the forum.  There are a lot of great folks that hang out here and tons of ideas and recipes.  If you have any questions or want to share or even rant we are here   ;) ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2014, 07:18:13 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, Billyjoe!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

After I quit smoking three months before FTS, I started to gain weight.
But after I started, the weight began to melt off quickly at the start.
But slow later on.

Two things in life I'll NEVER regret:

1) Quitting smoking.
2) Adopting FTS as my life-long lifestyle!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!