Author Topic: carb count  (Read 3141 times)

dobjad

• View Profile
    • Email
carb count
« on: November 12, 2013, 11:18:45 AM »
I'm new to the board. I have started the diet 2 weeks ago and have lost 8 lbs. I feel I should be loosing more. I was a sugar and carb junkie and have cut all of that out of my diet. How many net carbs should I be taking in for the day for optimal weight loss???

shawn116

Re: carb count
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 11:30:47 AM »
Hi dobjab welcome to the forum.  I'm guessing you haven't read Dougs Fat To Skinny book?  If you haven't yet that would be my first suggestion.   He outlines very simply all the information you will need to be successful.  That being said you should at least stay at or below 20 net carbs.  Keep in mind that everyone is different and our carb tolerance will be different as well.  I can maintain very well at 20 - 35 net carbs a day as long as I don't dip into the 35 range too often, but if I want to lose I need to go below 15 net carbs. 

Congratulations on the 8 lbs you have already lost...that is a great start for sure  :)  If you would like to post your menus including everything that passes your lips the members here can then give you some input on what might be slowing you up.  Most of the time it is simple miscalculation of carbs, sweeteners or sauces.  Hang in there...we are here to help each other   ;)   come in often it is a great way to stay accountable plus you get to hang out with some pretty awesome folks   ;D ;D

dobjad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 11:40:19 AM »
 Thanks Toosweet. I do have the book and have read most of it. A co worker had asked what the carb count was and I could not remember. Thanks for your help. The one thing, I do drink diet pop and crystal lite type drinks.

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 01:11:19 PM »
If you have stalled the sweetened items should be the first to avoid.  Sometimes they will hold you up.  Be careful of those Crystal light items too.  Some of them contain carbs and some that list 0 carb also list 1/2 a pack as a serving.  Silly I know...Haha  I never use 1/2 a pack  :o :o  If you drink them all day they can add up.   ;)  

I myself have read the FTS book several times.  It helps to keep me straight  HA!  Carb creep is a real thing if you aren't careful.  Keep a log so you can see what may be a problem.   :)  There is always someone hanging around so post often   :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 09:51:33 AM »
Hi Dobjad, welcome to the party :)8 pounds in 2 weeks....yay for you :) It's very important for you to recognize the FTS eating plan is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change which you'll adopt for a lifetime. If you go back to your old way of eating you'll gain back your weight. Next, stick to 20 net carbs per day while losing, once you reach your goal weight you'll gradually increase some carbs. 
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

anjelhands

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 12:19:00 PM »
Welcome to the adventure.!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 01:59:17 PM »
Welcome to the forum dobjad! :) I am Umpa,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.I have  a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly.Enjoy the forum ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 04:21:47 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, dobjad!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Kudos on the great start! ;D ;D ;D

In our culture, he idea of weight loss and diet have become almost interlocked.
But recent research proves that diets don't work.
After all, what's the point of losing weight only to gain it back plus more? :-\

To be successful at losing weight and being healthier requires a lifestyle change.
And the FTS lifestyle will bring about permanent results for you.
All you need is a little knowledge and 100% commitment to it. :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re:
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 11:24:12 PM »
Welcome dobjab,  I'm with Doug about the way we refer how to eat, not a diet but a lifestyle and so when we talk about how we interact with food we see it as such. People don't keep diets after a while but a lifestyle is for ever.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 09:53:10 AM »
too true  :)