Author Topic: It's Pumpkin Time Again  (Read 10555 times)

shawn116

Re: It's Pumpkin Time Again
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2013, 02:18:28 PM »
Hi Mark...I hope you don't mind me jumping in

I sooooo know what you mean!!!  I had just one peppermint patty the other day and my tummy rumbled all night  :P :P :P  Geez  only 1??  I couldn't live without my chocolate though  Haha  

Here is Umpa's chocolate chip recipe.  You could make this as a bark with nuts or without...Yummy

Chocolate Chips
Ingredients

2 squares unsweetened bakers chocolate
1/4 cup xylitol
1/4 cup cream

Melt chocolate in microwave safe dish.
Take out of microwave and add xylitol and heavy whipping cream and mix well.
Pour out into 9x9 pan,plate or pie pan and put in the freezer.
Freeze for 3 hours. Once frozen break into pieces and use for recipes .
 A pastry bag may be used to make chips also. Let chocolate come to room temperature and put in pastry bag and squeeze chips out onto parchment or wax paper. Then freeze and use as needed.

I've been experimenting with my magic shell recipe and made some yummy chocolates with nuts.  It's pretty good.  If you melt them down and pour over ice cream it hardens back up...  ;D ;D  Here is what I made last night

4 Tbs coconut oil  (melted)  0 net carbs
4 Tbs butter  (melted)  0 net carbs
2 Tbs natural unsweetened nut butter  (I used Smuckers natural crunchy)  4 net carbs
1/4 cup powdered cocoa  (my can is labeled as 0 carb)  0 net carbs
12 drops of zero or to taste or equivalent sweetener
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt

melt all oils and butters down and mix well.  Add in sweetener, vanilla and salt.  Be sure all is dissolved.   Spray mini muffin pan or line pan with parchment paper.   Crush nuts and line pan or cups with them and pour melted chocolate over top. Put in refrigerator to set.  Once hard cut into serving pieces and store in refrigerator.  

I've seen a ton of ways to make chocolates online.  Experimenting until you get the right mix is the fun part.  I also find that when I use a mix of sweeteners it taste so much better to me.  Especially when working with chocolate.   ;)    I found an new fudge recipe I'm anxious to try for the holidays.  I'll post it when I get it down right  :)  
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 02:21:15 PM by TooSweet »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2013, 03:07:25 PM »
Hi, Mark! :)

I've made the chocolate chips recipe MANY times using FTS Zero.

If you want to avoid tummy problems from sugar alcohols (like xylitol),
in the chocolate chips recipe, substitute 12 drops FTS Zero for the 1/4 cup xylitol.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2013, 09:54:21 AM »
TooSweet and Tony,

I can always count on this board to come to the rescue.  I think I will substitute zero for the xylitol (since I have zero in the house).  I will let you all know how it goes.

Mark

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2013, 10:18:26 AM »
Yes my recipe for homemade chocolates.You just add nuts or coconut and spread it out on a cookie sheet and put it in the freezer.Then just crack off a piece when you want it .I also use this for chocolate chips.With Zero there are no tummy issues.The peanut butter cups are really good too ;)