Author Topic: Hello..  (Read 22687 times)

zodac

• View Profile
Hello..
« on: December 26, 2013, 09:47:27 PM »
New member looking for friends and support as I try and make some serious life changes.

I am 28 and 6'8" but pushing the 400 mark. I am tired of clothes shopping, the remarks, comments, and all the other stuff that I need to consider being big.

I hate the gym, and have bad knees. Tried riding bikes with my daughters but folded up the crank trying to peddle. Starting Jan 2nd I am going back on the Akins diet and going to try and stay on it this time.

Any help or feedback would be appreciated.  Local friends would beneficial (Limerick Pa).

Rob

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Hello..
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 07:49:12 AM »
Hi Rob, welcome to the party :) our FAT TO SKINNY eating plan is a much easier plan to stay on than Atkins. We've replaced literally every high carb food with a low carb replacement keeping you in control of your choices  8) I'm glad you've joined us and we're here to help you!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 08:38:23 AM »
Hi Rob :) I am Umpa ,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods with fat  to skinny friendly recipes.Fat to Skinny is easier than atkins.It works so well because we have replacements for all your favorite foods.Its a lifestyle change.Once you lose the weight there are no foods to add back in to make you gain the weight back.Cycle broken.You can maintain a healthy body.Give us a couple of weeks to get you through detox and you will feel like a million bucks.We have several people on here that have lost over 200 pounds.You can do it and we are gonna help ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 07:28:11 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, Rob!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Doug and Umpa are right!

With the FTS lifestyle, there are two basic rules...
(1) Consume no more that 20 net carb grams per day.
(2) Eat only when hungry, and eat more than enough to satisfy real hunger.

With all the fabulous replacement recipes we have, staying under the 20 gram mark
while being satisfied, makes it easier than any other program out there.

Plus... If you ever have questions, need some support, or just want to vent,
your FTS family is right here to help you!

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your FTS journey!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

zodac

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 12:15:22 PM »
Well time for a little bit of an update I guess..

JAN 2ND is the day I started the FTS diet and my initial weigh I  was 382.5 pounds at 28 yrs old! I would need to catch my breath going up stairs and felt horrible and was depressed due to it.

Today Feb 7th I am now 362.2 pounds which is down 20.2! I fell better, I am eating less, I am eating better, and I am now getting the traction I needed to make this change in my life. 

Here's to staying the course and reaching my goal of 250 (I seriously have a LG frame) and staying there!

Rob

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 03:32:42 PM »
Rob,

What a wonderful start.  Twenty pounds may not seem like much when you have a goal of losing 150 pounds, but believe me it is a great start.  Congratulations and keep up the great work.

Mark

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 10:56:42 PM »
 :D :D WOO HOO - well done

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 11:13:46 PM »
That is fabulous Rob! Keep it up!!  :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 09:02:25 AM »
Rob that is GREAT!Don't be a stranger! You can do this and we can help ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 05:25:17 PM »
That's a wonderful start, Rob!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Next time you're at the store, pick up a 20 lb. bag of potatoes to get an idea how much you've just lost.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 10:13:38 PM »
Nice to meet you Rob! I am Steph from Jersey 😁 awesome achievement so far !! Fts is so easy it's fool proof !!!

zodac

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 09:57:38 AM »
End of March update or close enough to at least post. The scale this morning read a whopping 342.3 which means in 3 months I have dropped 40.2 pounds and I honestly can not recall anytime in my life where I have felt this good.

Knee and joint pain has all but disappeared. I amazed myself 2 weeks ago by taking a 6 mile walk on the trail running behind my house and I can proudly say that it was fairly a non stop walk the entire time! Since then I have been doing regular 2 mile walks with the puppy almost every other night. No stops or breaks and I am never out breathe. (Once in a while a cute puppy stop but not a required one)

I decided to setup a dr. Appt. to just double check all the goodies and I have the lowest blood pressure of my life at 130 over 90 which the Dr was shocked at especially with my height and build. Blood work was done and everything was well within normal guidelines, with the exception of cholesterol which was off the charts at 487. On mess for that right now and it has never been high out out of wack so we are monitoring that one.

I just have to say thanks! This is the first diet that I have been able to easily follow and not stray from (I think 3 time total and they were special occasion and in LIGHT moderation) I have reached that point of nothing fits and it's finally for the reason that's it's too big!

Rob

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2014, 11:17:52 AM »
You're an amazing inspiration Rob, glad you've joined us here.

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2014, 11:47:59 AM »
Awesome job Rob and remember this is a lifestyle you can live forever not a temporary diet !!! Rock on !

bdiane

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2014, 12:12:35 PM »
Great job, ROB! You are an inspiration!  :) Keep up the great work and keep us posted on your progress.
Diane