Author Topic: I've come back  (Read 6787 times)

pamsway

• View Profile
    • Email
I've come back
« on: January 02, 2014, 12:32:17 PM »
I am so discouraged about my weight.   :( I have your book, Fat to Skinny and have read it thru. I gave it to my husband and told him to scan thru the book because he won't sit and read the whole thing. I highlighted things that will help him to help me. My problem is that I don't know how to put menus together. If I had someone to get up meals for me for the week would be great. I had tried nutri-system for that very reason. It was all planned out for me. I am a simple cook, I just need help for a couple of weeks until I can get the hang of it. If anyone wants to take on that task and help me out I would love it. I get really confused about what to put together to make the meals for a day to stay under 20 carbs. Please someone help me out. I really want to succeed this time.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: I've come back
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 05:54:13 PM »
Hi, pamsway! :)

If you want some meal planning ideas, check out this thread on our forum;
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?board=32.0

Ultimately, you know what you enjoy most.
So you should build your own meal plans that are suited to your tastes.
Doing this, you're much more likely to be happy with your menu and succeed with FTS.

Please let us know if you have any specific needs for support.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 09:16:11 AM »
Hi Pam, I'm not sure which edition of FTS you have but the new edition (red cover) has the first low carb cookbook included in it as well as the original recipes. Each recipe has the car count included so it's easy to choose meal plan. The new and low carb cookbook available as an ebook also lists all the carb counts and it's loaded with all new recipes. Bakery book, same way :)

Check them out here- http://www.shop.fattoskinny.com 
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

pamsway

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 11:21:03 AM »
Doug, thank you for the information. I have the red book and I'm hoping to pick up the one that has the carb count in it. I eventually want to get all of them. I know it's going to take time for me to learn it all but I know I have a support system on here. Thanks for this site and I will be checking in often.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 04:09:41 AM »
Hi - the way I first approached my meals was trying to keep them the same as normal just doing substitutions.

I love bacon and eggs - I just skipped the toast.
I liked muffins and coffee - made the OMM.
Love steak with mushrooms, onions& gravy & vegies - easy (just added some cream to the pan juices and had instant gravy).  Choose FTS friendly vegies - beans, zucchini,broccoli, whichever takes your fancy.
Wanted a BLT - made a OMM in a square container and cut it in half.  Toasted it and put in the bacon, lettuce, tomato (mayo).  Same goes with a toasted cheese sandwich - OMM + cheese and panfried in some butter.
Fried chicken - dip chicken in almond flour or processed pork rinds and fry.
Mashed potatoes - steamed cauli, mashed with little mayo/butter.
Tuna patties - used caulimash with tuna, etc, rolled in flaxseed and fried.
Raspberry icecream - a cold bowl, cream, zero and frozen berries.  Easy peasy.
Pasta - noodles made from konjac root.

If you need a substitute for an ingredient - ask away.  Someone will let you know.  You can find heaps of recipes on the forum.  If you have a favourite which you want converted 'ask Umpa' she's a whiz at that sort of thing.

There is so much variety.  I mean you can eat cupcakes with cream and chocolate frosting - how can you beat that.  Enjoy.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 09:22:12 AM »
Just click the home button,tons of recipes! I also have a board on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.  ;)

jtdisme

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 02:37:56 PM »

Wanted a BLT - made a OMM in a square container and cut it in half.  Toasted it and put in the bacon, lettuce, tomato (mayo).  Same goes with a toasted cheese sandwich - OMM + cheese and panfried in some butter.

What is OMM?
Thanks!

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 05:06:16 PM »
Hi  I am Stephanie from Jersey :) I lived the fts lifestyle for a year and had a baby with some slight complications so i couldnt keep up with it, anyway i am back and ready to feel like a million bucks again and lose this damm baby fat lol! hope this helps. also by the way if you click on the home page and in the top right corner in the search box you can type anything in there and all the post that people have talked about with your search query will come up :)

One-Minute Muffin

I’ll post the original “1-Minute Muffin” recipe I found, but definitely look at the many variations below...

.   Melt 1 T butter in a coffee cup or measuring cup.
.   Mix in ¼ cup flaxseed meal, (can use almond meal, oat fiber, coconut flour or a  mixture, i.e. half flax, half almond)
.   ½ tsp baking powder
.   1 egg
.   Sweetener (to personal taste): 1 tsp xylitol or 1-2 Spenda pkts or 1 T S/F flavored syrup (Torani/Da Vinci)

Mix well – microwave approximately 50-60 seconds (depending on micro wattage).  Turn out and let cool.  Muffin top should look shiny and a little moist. Serve w/butter or cream cheese while warm or plastic wrap for later.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To get you started, here are a few ideas...

Banana Bread Muffin:  Add cinnamon/nutmeg, S/F Banana Syrup/extract, and nuts
Breakfast Muffin:  Add cinnamon, vanilla,
Spice Muffin:  Add cinnamon, allspice, and cloves
Cheese Muffin:  Add garlic powder and cheese of choice.
Chocolate-Raspberry Muffin:  add S/F Chocolate and Raspberry syrups, and a cream cheese cube in the center.