Author Topic: SUGAR EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK!!!!!  (Read 9180 times)

ereino

• View Profile
SUGAR EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK!!!!!
« on: January 09, 2014, 01:45:32 PM »
My husband and I just returned from vacation visiting my step daughter out west.  Her significant other, Steve, LOVES sugar.  Last year he decided just to do sugar every other day.  His idea of sugar are cup cakes, cakes, candies - you know, just the bakery sugars.  He said he experienced headaches a lot last year.  I mentioned to him that he was messing with his insulin and being the intelligent guy he is, he agreed.  This year he is going to try to stay off sugar for as long as he can.  I then mentioned to him that sugar is in a lot more products than you think.  He said he understood.  He isn't the type of guy, as smart as he is, to start talking about formulas, net carbs, etc.  Most people don't like talking about it.  As my step daughter said, there are just so many diets out there that this is just another book.  Hmmmmmmmmmm, sure, she is right saying that, but to be honest, the FTS way is the only book I know of that is easy to read and explains thoroughly what is going on and how sugar converts to fat.  I may just mail the book to them and hopefully they will read it and it will turn their lives around.  Getting back to the vacation...everywhere I looked there was sugar.  Sure, we went to the grocery store and I bought a few things to get me by without feeling like I was going to starve, but it was scary to see what they were eating.  From frozen dinners, sodas, breads, bakery goods, chocolates everywhere ... you name it.  If it were up to me, I would be throwing out quite a bit of stuff and having them start over.  Sure, not a good thing....just a fantasy of mine. 

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
Re: SUGAR EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 02:28:13 PM »
Ereino,

What you say is so true about the insane amount of sugar in the food out there.  I have also faced a difficult time in helping people see the common sense contained in FTS.  Especially people on other [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url] programs.  I have a friend who has been battling her weight for her entire life.  She has bounced around from fad to fad -- whatever is big in the news, with very limited results.  However, when I try to explain, in Doug's plain language, the foundational science behind FTS, there is no interest.  I guess FTS isn't featured on all the paid advertising disguised as medical shows, so it can't work.  It is frustrating, because FTS makes such sense to me.  I don't know how others don't see it.  Just my 2 cents.

Mark

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 01:39:35 PM »
Corn, wheat, rice, and sugar represent HUGE agricultural industries.

These industries have (and still are) investing millions and millions of dollars promoting and protecting their products. They even have lobbyists in Washington DC working to influence govt policies about those products.

So it's no wonder we see sugar everywhere we look.
Many, many dollars are spent making this so.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 03:42:43 PM »
Enreino you have enough posts for a free book if you like we can email them a download link ;)
What really blows me away is how much sugar is in medications like Nyquil and cough syrups.Childrens meds are loaded with it.I dont know why that is necessary Mark  :)

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 07:09:03 PM »
I guess FTS isn't featured on all the paid advertising disguised as medical shows, so it can't work.

That is because it's not a big money maker.  Once you learn the ropes with FTS you have a lifestyle change.  You don't have very many repeat performers.  Plus it's a way of life you don't have to spend a ton of money on to succeed.  Sure you can buy special products but it's not something you have to do.   :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 08:52:54 AM »
All true! ;)

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 01:32:02 PM »
Hi Umpa - I never have any luck downloading books plus we cancelled our internet at home.  I am on it 10 hours a day at work, get home late and don't have much time to spend on the internet anyways.  Thanks anyways. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 09:08:01 AM »
Doug will contact you ;)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 06:34:15 PM »
My husband and I just returned from vacation visiting my step daughter out west.  Her significant other, Steve, LOVES sugar.  Last year he decided just to do sugar every other day.  His idea of sugar are cup cakes, cakes, candies - you know, just the bakery sugars.  He said he experienced headaches a lot last year.  I mentioned to him that he was messing with his insulin and being the intelligent guy he is, he agreed.  This year he is going to try to stay off sugar for as long as he can.  I then mentioned to him that sugar is in a lot more products than you think.  He said he understood.  He isn't the type of guy, as smart as he is, to start talking about formulas, net carbs, etc.  Most people don't like talking about it.  As my step daughter said, there are just so many diets out there that this is just another book.  Hmmmmmmmmmm, sure, she is right saying that, but to be honest, the FTS way is the only book I know of that is easy to read and explains thoroughly what is going on and how sugar converts to fat.  I may just mail the book to them and hopefully they will read it and it will turn their lives around.  Getting back to the vacation...everywhere I looked there was sugar.  Sure, we went to the grocery store and I bought a few things to get me by without feeling like I was going to starve, but it was scary to see what they were eating.  From frozen dinners, sodas, breads, bakery goods, chocolates everywhere ... you name it.  If it were up to me, I would be throwing out quite a bit of stuff and having them start over.  Sure, not a good thing....just a fantasy of mine. 

The scariest is when you see mothers giving their kids fruit juice, yogurt, supposedly healthy cereals, fries or donuts.  All the things that really have hidden sugars.  We have all been brainwashed with the low fat/grains mentality.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 09:59:37 AM »
i agree Morgan and then you watch the kids run around like maniacs until they crash and get cranky! :D
I think alot of kids that are on ADD( attention deficient disorder) medications should have their diet looked at ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 02:28:44 PM »
When parents do those things, they are just throwing gasoline on the fire.
And they wonder why the kids get much more hyper.

Hidden sugars are diabolical.

Tony

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 09:24:24 AM »
diabolical!! Love that word Tony! Makes me wanna rub my hands together! :D and tug on a handlebar mustache! :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 07:09:02 PM »
diabolical!! Love that word Tony! Makes me wanna rub my hands together! :D and tug on a handlebar mustache! :D

Hi, Umpa! :)

We're not talking about a cartoon villain here. ;D

diabolical (definition);
Belonging to or so evil as to recall the Devil.

Tony

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 03:42:44 PM »
Yeah but i loved when he tied the girl to the train tracks and the hero came just before the train squashed her like a bug! :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 05:25:42 PM »
Yeah but i loved when he tied the girl to the train tracks and the hero came just before the train squashed her like a bug! :)

:) :) :)

Tony