Author Topic: Fat to Skinny Challenge!  (Read 8234 times)

Quiltart1

• View Profile
Fat to Skinny Challenge!
« on: January 10, 2014, 11:44:06 AM »
Since October 2013 I have been a part of the Fat to Skinny Challenge on KPNW in Eugene, Oregon. I made my way through Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas and lost 28 lbs. using the website for recipes, the book for inspiration (I read it three times) and the CD for encouragement. I did very well. I do not see food the same way thanks to this experiment and I have committed to a lifetime of good health and well being. I am thankful for Doug and his mission, to Robb Holloway and Bill Lunden for creating the challenge.

It was a treat to talk with Doug this morning on the radio. Next time Doug is in Eugene, I will make an effort to get down to the radio station to meet him. Thank you again for inspiring me to take the steps to change my life. (I bought Fat to Skinny a year and a half ago after hearing Doug on KPNW. I read it and decided it was too hard to do the plan. I put it away. When Doug was back on KPNW in October, I saw the challenge on Facebook from Robb Holloway and decided to take a chance. I love the new and improved book and CD.)

Thank you! PJ

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Fat to Skinny Challenge!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 01:49:50 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, PJ!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

FTS is a real life changer!
And thanks to Doug being obedient to the Lord's call, we have the blessing of better health.

Our forum here is a great source of recipes... But it's FAR more than that!
If you ever have questions, concerns, or just want to vent, please join our conversations on this forum.
We are here to help one another become healthy and reach our weight loss goals.

We REALLY care about helping each other, much like any good family would.
So join us often... You'll be amazed at the benefits and knowledge you'll receive.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 03:37:03 PM »
Hi PJ! I am Umpa ,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.i have a board on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.Dont be a stranger come by and visit ;) Doug really enjoyed speaking with you this morning! :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 05:41:16 PM »
What fun it was!!! Great guys ate the radio station and wonderful listeners :) Welcome to our family PJ, If I remember from our on air talk you haven't been an 8 since you were 8! Well you don't ever need to be an 8 again if you don't want to .....but you can  ::)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 06:25:16 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family!!   :D

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 07:17:57 PM »
How awesome that local radio guys embrace ans promote the FTS way of life.

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 07:22:01 PM »
Welcome PJ.  Doug, I am loving the Tapatalk app.  It makes keeping up with the forum while out of the house so easy.

shawn116

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 07:25:27 PM »
Doug, I am loving the Tapatalk app.  It makes keeping up with the forum while out of the house so easy.

Yes it does!  While I was in the hospital it sure was nice to read all the posts.  I didn't post but kept up with everyone.   ;D ;D  Also it I want to remember a recipe that is on the forum while I'm in the grocery I've got it right with me.  Love it   :D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 08:45:01 AM »
Hospital TooSweet?? You Okay? :o

shawn116

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 02:37:27 PM »
Yes I'm fine now Umpa.  I've been battling kidney stones again.  They had me in the hospital just to control the pain while waiting for procedures.  What a trip that was!  Haha  You wouldn't believe what they were serving me even with a diabetic order for meals.  Sheesh my first meal was a big.....no huge plate of spaghetti with veggies and garlic bread Oh I forgot the bowl of fruit  :o :o :o  I was so shocked that it was what they sent me I took a pic of it...Haha  The nurse said that they couldn't send me special meals except for diabetic and the only difference in them was usually unsweet tea and sugar free jellies or fruit instead of cake.  This is a hospital!!  She said and I quote " We aren't big enough to have so many different diets".  Exactly....next time I will be in a bigger one down the road   :D :D  ;D  All in all they took good care of me though.  I'm much better....all stones supposedly gone thank goodness.  Unfortunately I will have to be vigilant about my diet choices and be sure I balance it out more.  Doc said My diet choice was fine as long as I keep my water intake at least 64 to 120 oz a day or more I should be ok.  Hydration is the key guys so if you are prone to stones please hydrate those Kidneys  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 03:02:25 PM »
Hi, Shawn! :)

I had battles with kidney stones for years.
So I understand what you've been going through. :'(

Your doctor's VERY right about water intake.
I have not had any more incidents with stones in over 15 years, thanks to water.
Drink LOTS of PLAIN water EVERY day... I sure works for me! ;)

Tony

shawn116

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 08:01:09 PM »
Thanks Tony I sure don't want to go through that again!  HA!  I've got a system set up now to be sure I get in enough.  You are so right.....it needs to be just plain water.  He said: "The solution to the pollution is dilution"  Haha  Hubs bought me diamond stud earrings for Christmas this year and told me we would keep the stones on the outside from now on   ;)  What a silly man.  I am so blessed to have him   8)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:02:40 PM by TooSweet »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 03:39:08 PM »
Your hubby's right, Shawn... Keeping stones on the "outside" is far better! ;D
So it's water, water, and more water! :)

The extreme pain kidney stones brings on, is well documented.
I remember some hurting so bad, I would throw up! Which made it hurt that much more. :P
And this would seem to go on and on 24/7 until the offending stone moved to a less painful position.

Before my surgery to deal with my last attack, I went to the emergency room
and told them I have kidney stones.
The ER staff knew how much pain I was in.
They IMMEDIATELY took me into treatment, and gave me a shot of a strong pain killer.

My prayers are with anyone who suffers with these little demons from Hell.

Tony

shawn116

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 09:40:56 PM »
My prayers are with anyone who suffers with these little demons from Hell.

That's exactly what I say too!  ;)  8 days in the hospital with two procedures and pain control....demons from hell is right on the money    ;D ;D  Trust me...water is in my hand at all times  Haha

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 09:07:08 AM »
Poor thing! My mother suffers from kidney disease and you are correct about water.She is also on a low oxalate diet which is low carb.I am glad you are doing better.Hubs is super cool 8)