Author Topic: New sweetener find in the grocery for those that have a Harris Teeter :)  (Read 5729 times)

shawn116

Hey guys  :)  I just wanted to share what I found the other day when I was out shopping.  These are very similar to the MIOs that you find everywhere but I suppose they are mostly for coffee.  That is where I found them anyway...the coffee aisle next to the Torrini's sweetener.  If you have a Harris Teeter close they are worth checking out   ;) ;)  Keep in mind though...they are concentrated Haha  Don't ask me how I know   :-[

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New sweetener find in the grocery for those that have a Harris Teeter :)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 03:32:22 PM »
Are they flavored?What is the sweetener? :)

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 09:07:06 PM »
Thanks for the info!  What is it called?  I can see it in the pick.   :)

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 09:56:36 AM »
I'm sorry I guess I left that part out  Haha   They are called Mondo Jova.  It is sweetened with sucralose and acesulfame potassium.  Had to get the magnifying glass out   ;D ;D  I bought the Caramel, French vanilla and Hazelnut flavors.  I believe they also had a mocha but I can't remember.  I usually don't like the artificial chocolate flavorings  :-\    Now that I have used them a couple of times I have to say it is a little tricky to get the right amount in your coffee.  It says one squirt makes the perfect cup but I haven't found my nitch with the squirt yet.  I'm a little heavy handed when it comes to these type of bottles   ::)   I'm thinking these would be much easier to use for iced coffees and frappuccinos?  Still very convenient to throw in your purse or pocket   ;)     

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 06:44:37 AM »
Okay!  Thanks!  I will keep it in mind but I don't like flavored coffees so I will stick to my Zero.  I bet those folks who love flavored coffee creamers will love it  :)

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 11:47:15 AM »
Looking at the picture TooSweet posted, they are called Mondo Java.  It is funny, but Google does not bring back any hits (at least not coffee related ones anyway).  They don't seem to have a website.

TooSweet

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 01:14:36 PM »
No I don't think they would Mark. It would be a store brand product. Unfortunately if you aren't close to a Harris Teeter you may not be able to find them unless there is a sister store close. :/  I know that's not much fun. :(