Author Topic: Flax Seed  (Read 12926 times)

ereino

• View Profile
Re: Flax Seed
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2014, 08:53:48 AM »
That gives me an idea for lunch - I brought in chicken so that will be my topping along with some cheese. GREAT idea!  How do you make the chicken alfredo pizza!!!!! 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2014, 09:25:54 AM »
I need to try this ;)

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2014, 01:36:42 PM »
Here is my favorite way to make chicken Alfredo pizza. I smear 2 Tbsp Alfredo  sauce on crust, add small cooked pieces of chicken, sprinkle with garlic powder, then top with 2 more Tbsp Alfredo  sauce, then sprinkle on Parmesan and bake for 15 min in 425f oven.
(If ADDING BROCCOLI, ADD WITH THE CHICKEN)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 09:41:23 AM »
I love pizza! :)

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 12:31:07 PM »
I do too, but not every day, lol
I skip pizza for a meal & eat a handful of nuts or a salad sometimes
Mary does not get tired of them like I do
We both have we love everyday, and those we don't

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 01:20:04 PM »
This sounds really good.  I am going to have to try in near future.  Today I just popped one of the pizza crusts into the toaster over to let it get crispier and then cut into four pieces, one small can of tuna and added seeds and avocado pressed into it along with a dab of olive oil.  blend it with a fork and then top on to the crust.  This crust is very versatile in its usage because it is so flavorful.

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 01:48:19 PM »
Wonderful, getting more good ideas now!

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2014, 08:50:33 AM »
Yea!  So...have a good day - I live in SE Wisconsin, supposed to get into the 40's but currently, this morning, it is snowing  :D ;D :o :-[ :D  oh well, at least in 40's.  They say around 60 on Sunday. 

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2014, 10:20:33 AM »
Hope it warms up there soon Ereino!

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2014, 04:29:12 PM »
We are in jersey and boy has it been an awful winter here on the east coast we just 6" of snow on Tuesday 😳

bdiane

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2014, 08:26:03 PM »
Thanks for the information on the flax seed meal. I have put it on salad, didn't know it was useless there. :) My favorite way to ear flax seed meal is as a muffin in a mug. It's very easy, makes a great afternoon snack, and is a great source of fiber. :)

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2014, 01:17:36 AM »
Brrrrr Stephanie

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2014, 08:11:30 AM »
Hi Stephanie - too bad about the 6 inches of show - that's ridiculous!  hoping the warm weather comes soon.  Yes, I love the one minute muffin - I tried making a mini loaf in order to get a more rectangular slice - I cut them down and toast them.  Yummy!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2014, 09:13:04 AM »
bdiane it has to be heated to release the omegas.My favorite for flaxseed recipe is brownies.The recipe is in the Fat to Skinny Bakery book.If you dont have the book let me know and I will post the recipe ;)

bdiane

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2014, 07:21:19 PM »
Ereino, What a great idea. I haven't tried to make it as a loaf. (My husband usually laughs at my steaming ,ugly, mug muffin after I dump it onto a plate. It is pretty ugly.) To toast it would be nice for variety.
Umpa, I would love your recipe. I've been pretty limited on what I've been eating. I have a bad habit of getting into a routine(because it's safe and I don't have to worry about going over my carb limit). It would be smarter to have more variety, so I don't fall off the wagon. Although, I haven't fallen off, yet. I'd have to look at my calendar, but I think I'm on day 52.It's hard to believe it's been almost 2 months. It's gone pretty fast. My weight loss has slowed down, but my body feels like it's changing. I'm really just grateful to have any success at this point. Everything I've tried before FTS was not working at all, very discouraging. My first tumor showed up on my thyroid. I've been worried about my thyroid function. They've done several tests and said my thyroid is fine. But, my gut says differently.....
Thanks for the advice,
Diane