Author Topic: Chocolate Candy  (Read 2832 times)

Shoelace

Chocolate Candy
« on: March 12, 2014, 12:31:47 AM »
This tastes like milk chocolate.  It contains healthy fat like coconut oil and butter, which helps with weight loss and gives us energy.  The bonus is, it's very good.

Chocolate Candy (12 servings)

1 oz. square unsweetened baker's chocolate
2 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup coconut oil
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
sweetener to taste
1/2 cup chopped nuts of choice (optional)

Microwave the chocolate just until melted.  Add the cream cheese, coconut oil and butter and microwave until melted.  Stir

Stir in the vanilla and sweetener.  Place in the freezer for 10 minutes, then beat with a mixer until smooth.

Stir in the nuts and divide between 12 paper muffin cups or drop into 12 mounds on wax or parchment paper.  Keep refrigerated.

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chocolate Candy
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 02:30:01 AM »
Love desserts !! Thanks shoelace

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 08:46:25 AM »
Have you seen the Fat to skinny Bakery book shoelace?With 50 posts you can get free books ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 12:35:37 PM »
Thanks!!!... This sounds so very good, Shoelace! :) :) :)

I get a hankering for chocolate now and again.
And I prefer not imbibing in the Russell Stover's too often due to tummy issues.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Shoelace

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 03:25:35 PM »
umpa, I do know about the free books, and think it is awesome of you guys to do that for us.  If I hit 50 posts (no guarantees in life), I will definitely be going for the cookbook or bakery book.

Tony, Russell Stover's is too high in carbs for me.  That's why I make my own candy.  I know you guys count net carbs, but we are all different and I have experimented and tested with various foods, and when I eat, for example, something with 10 total carbs - 5 net, my blood sugar reacts as if I had eaten something with 10 carbs, not 5.  Sure wish I could do net carbs, there would be more food choices for me, but my number one priority when it comes to my health, is keeping tight control of my blood sugar.