Author Topic: Chocolate Zucchini Cake  (Read 2716 times)

Shoelace

Chocolate Zucchini Cake
« on: March 13, 2014, 11:55:41 PM »
This calls for a packed cup of zucchini.  I have no idea how many carbs that is, I just know that this is good, especially when frosted with chocolate cream cheese frosting.

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pork rinds
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1 square (1 oz.) unsweetened bakers chocolate
1/4 cup oil
3 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
32 drops FTS Zero
1 packed cup grated zucchini
1/2 cup nuts of choice, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. grease an 8” square pan.

Grind the pork rinds into a flour, stir in the dry ingredients. Melt the chocolate in the microwave (it should be warm, but not hot). Use a fork to stir in the oil, then the eggs, vanilla and Zero until well blended. Beat in half of the dry ingredients (with the fork) until smooth, then the other half.
Stir in the zucchini, then the nuts. Spread in the pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes until the center is set. Let cool completely before frosting.  Frost with chocolate frosting.  Keep refrigerated.

Shoelace

Re: Chocolate Zucchini Cake
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 01:54:54 PM »
No, Doug told me to give up my recipes.  At first I was going to post them little by little, but since I have been adding new recipes to my cookbook from this site, I was afraid that later on I would get confused as to which recipes came from here... didn't want to post ones that were already posted, so I decided to do them all at once.  These aren't just any old recipes, they are all very good, the ones I use every day.

Not trying for books, just trying to be a good contributor.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Chocolate Zucchini Cake
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 05:14:47 PM »
Hi Shoelace, I'm so happy to see all the wonderful recipes you've posted :) Keep it up!!!!!!!! Free books are our way to thank you  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)