Author Topic: LOW CARB Cheesy Fried Garlic "Bread"  (Read 7942 times)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
LOW CARB Cheesy Fried Garlic "Bread"
« on: April 11, 2014, 01:34:07 PM »

My hubby and I devoured 1/2 of this and we each ate the rest for lunch.  I made just a couple changes.

GARLIC "BREAD"

4 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 eggs
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1 ounce  (I used Locatelli)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder  (I used Penzey's Brady Street Cheese Sprinkle Powder)
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded  (I used less)

Beat the cream cheese and eggs with a whisk until smooth. Add the cream, parmesan and seasonings.  (I put everything in my stand mixer with a whisk attachment and beat until smooth - it was almost runny)

Grease a jelly roll pan very well (I used an 11 1/2 x 17" pan and it came out very, very thin. I might try a smaller pan next time).  (I used an 8x8 pan because it fit in my toaster oven - it was a great size pan).

Spread the mozzarella evenly in pan. (I also added a little Locatelli).  Pour the egg mixture over the cheese. Spread slightly with a spatula.  (to make sure the cheese underneath is covered)

Bake at 350º for 20 minutes until lightly browned. (I baked closer to 25 − 30 minutes until lightly browned and pulled away from the sides).  Cool on a rack.  If desired, spread a little butter on them and sprinkle with garlic powder and parmesan cheese; broil just until butter is bubbly and very lightly browned.  (We let it cool - and then took a few pieces out and fried both sides in some bacon grease from the morning.  This made them crispier and felt like true restaurant garlic bread.  Then let them cool and dipped in Walden's Tomato Basil Sauce - This we will make again and try with finely diced pepperoni, ham, etc. to get a pizza type feeling - I would sprinkle any toppings over the mozzarella before spreading the egg mixture on top)

Makes 24 servings - (I think we got 16 pieces out of this - we didn't use the full 8oz of Mozzarella)
Can be frozen
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 08:34:44 AM by Doug Varrieur »

MyPath2Skinny

• View Profile
Re: LOW CARB Cheesy Fried Garlic "Bread"
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 10:41:01 AM »
Yum, can't wait to try this! I love that it can be frozen too.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 08:23:08 AM »
I totally missed this one :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 02:06:06 PM »
I totally missed this one :D

Wow!... I forgot all about this recipe! :o

The last time I made it, I also made a dipping sauce with LC marinara + basil and Italian seasoning.
Gonna make it again soon.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 09:36:07 AM »
yummy Tony :)