Author Topic: Day 4 and the Weekend!  (Read 6930 times)

jackibar

• View Profile
    • Gorden and Jacki's Place
Day 4 and the Weekend!
« on: May 10, 2014, 09:40:45 AM »
Hi, everyone!

Well, after my renewed commitment, I've now made it 3 full days and today is day 4...! I'm really preparing my mind today because it seems the weekends bring the most stress and I end up going to the carbs. I did that the past 3 weekends, but today I am determined to stay the course. I wanted to post here and check in so I'll have the support during this time.

I also realized that even though I've done great for the most part and dropped 65 lbs. since September, I haven't been consistent 100% but keep making little excuses for a cheat here and there. It doesn't help that my husband thinks this is ok to do! He doesn't understand that 1 small cheat leads to chaos in both my body and mind... So I'm committing to go for it 100% from here on out...

Thanks, everyone!

Jacki
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 10:48:38 AM by jackibar »
Join our [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss Forum[/url] Community Today!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Day 4 and the a Weekend!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 09:59:33 AM »
You got this Jacki!!! You can do it!!! ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Day 4 and the Weekend!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 11:21:09 AM »
Hi, Jacki! :)

Keep your mind in the right space, and you'll get through the weekend no problemo! ;)

And remember, each time you get past a temptation, you're a little stronger for the next time.
It's like building "commitment muscle".

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 11:43:19 PM »
Still going strong eh Jacki? So glad, rooting for you!!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 09:29:38 AM »
I like that Tony! :)

jackibar

• View Profile
    • Gorden and Jacki's Place
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 07:10:49 AM »
I made it! Yay! And 2 more lbs came back off that I'd gained during my oopsie!!  ;D

Thanks so much for helping me through this first weekend after my restart! Now I feel like I'm on my way again because I've made it this far and have ALMOST undone the damage I'd done...
Join our [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss Forum[/url] Community Today!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 07:49:13 AM »
BINGO!!!!!!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 08:12:54 AM »
Yeah You! ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 10:41:18 AM »
There you go, Jacki! ;D ;D ;D ;D

You know the secret... It's just a matter of living it.

Tony

juvee

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 12:55:07 AM »
Hi Jackie,

Congratulations on getting over the speed hump.  No matter how long we follow this way of eating those pesky temptations will probably continue to get in our way.
I also find weekends a little harder.  The upside is there is a little more time to devote to cooking. 
Thankfully the recipes in the cookbooks also provide a way to sidestep the usual carb loaded versions.
Best of luck and congratulations on your acheivements so far.

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 05:52:43 AM »
Hi Jackie -- I'm glad to hear you're doing well.  I'm hanging in there too, going through sugar detox.  You're rigtht about temptation will always be there.  I like this quote: 

"In the absence of temptation, there is no claim to virtue."

And you're right about the carbohydrate addiction does set your mind  up to want to do little cheats here and there, but it's so good you recognize that and OVERRIDE that "carb junkie"  way of thinking. 

Hang in there Jackie!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 10:38:24 AM »
Hi, Elizabeth! :)

We are "carb junkies" (or carboholics) from sugar addiction.

Carboholism is much like alcoholism.
And like alcoholism, we recovering carboholics will go thru detox when we stop eating sugar (carbs).
During detox, cravings for the object of the addiction are VERY strong. But soon subside.
And eventually don't bother us at all (as long as we avoid sugar).

With alcoholics, one drink is too many and a thousand aren't enough.
When we give in to carbs, even a little, we open the door to possible takeover by the addiction.
The only way to break free from an addiction is the have 100% commitment and determination.

Any of us can do this, if the desire to beat sugar is genuine.
It all comes down to how much do we want to be healthy?

Tony

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 05:43:47 AM »
Hi Tony and Jacki....

Tony you are so right on the truth about carbs, sugar and additction. And  I am seven days into recovery and feeling so much better.  I even sleep better.  There are still times I have to go minute by minute in my efforts to stay sugar free, and I don't expect that to change, but I am noticing the physical craving is lessening.  My sugar addiction is so tied to my emotions and stress levelsl since sugar has been my way of coping with most everything in my life.  

I heard a podcast recently about "obstacles to staying on low carb" etc., something like that....so I'm working on addressing some of my challenges and obstacles......

my obstacles I'm working on are:

1.  My emotional eating, I tend to eat sugar.....eat....isn't the word....it's BINGE sugar when I want to put a smile on my face and act like everything is fine instead of sticking up for myself, etc.  I have a tendency to be more blunt, and direct when I'm not stuffing down emotions.....told a co-worker today I didn't like something she did to me last night, that it was rude, and she replied in a way to discount my feelings, and I didn't let her get away with it.  I just said, "you and I both know what was really going on at that moment..."  we had a good discussion and cleared the air, but when I have sugar in my life I would have just stopped for something sugary on the way home last night instead of planning that today I would bring it up and discuss it. 

2.  This obstacle is that I'm too busy.  I have a huge volunteer job at my church on top of my my regular work, and I tend to put myself and my needs last, so while the volunteer job is necessary, and working full-time is necessary, I am letting other things go so make time for taking care of myself.....now I need to fit in some gym time. 

3.  This obstacle is related to #2, in that I have to really work on cooking enough and often enough to keep myself stocked with good food i LIKE....no LOVE to eat....that is what keeps me from flying back into the fickle clutches of sugar addiction. 

4.  This obstacles is that I can have a tendency to want to "do it perfectly"....and that brings failure because of course no one can do anything perfectly and perfectly all the time. 

hnmmmmm think that's it for now, but just things I've been thinking about since your excellent reply about sugar and carb addition. 

I do hope for a future where it will be more recognized....of course then grocery stores will be only half their current size.....lol

Soooooooooooo Jacki.....how you doing....I'm on day 7 of being "clean and sober" from sugar.....what day are you on.  speak up and let us know.....you don't want me to have to come get you do you????  haha....no matter what is going on, time to check in with us. 

I read the forum on my tablet, but can't always get to my laptop to type a response.....

hang in there jacki!!!  you can do this!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 06:12:08 AM by Elizabeth779 »

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 08:11:48 AM »
Hi Elizabeth, glad you're doing well.  I can sympathize totally with you're obstacles.  I'm trying to sort my life obstacles at the moment.  You know what the say - you can only go up from rock bottom.  Almost there.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 08:58:55 AM »
I can feel the pressure you are under Elizabeth all the way in North Carolina! WOW! I have a saying that I think you will appreciate."You cant control the world but you can control the 8 feet around you". In your 8 foot bubble is your perfect world.You ALLOW in what comes in,you ALLOW which people that come in.That puts you in control all the time.Holding in emotions never works because at some point you blow over something stupid which isnt even the issue!Instead of eating out of frustration ,talk to the person that you have a issue with,write the issue out on paper,or buy a dart board and put their picture on it! :D Another week of detox Elizabeth and you will be out of detox and your whole world will change!

Morgan you okay?? :)