Author Topic: Carbo Replacement  (Read 3719 times)

rennard

• View Profile
    • search marketing agency London
    • Email
Carbo Replacement
« on: May 22, 2014, 04:39:51 AM »
Hi Guys,

Its been months since my previous thread. Lately, I noticed that I ate too much carbs such as pasta, pizza and craving for sweets. I know that it will do no good in my health in the future. So, I want to totally cut carbs in my diet though I don't have diabetes, high cholesterol or any heart problem yet. It's better to be careful now in my diet than suffer from health problems in the future. That is the reason I like to ask if it is possible to cut carbs totally in my diet and is there a replacement for carbs food?

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Carbo Replacement
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 12:05:34 PM »
Hi, rennard! :)

It looks like you've had a classic "slip" off the FTS program.
Simply getting back into the program will do the trick.
But if you want to accelerate your progress, going near zero carb will do just that.

Back in the early 1970s, I was on the original 0-carb Atkins diet (eat anything, but only with zero carbs).
I lost a lot of weight quickly. But eventually, my body was craving other nutrients (like in green veggies).
Problems with constipation were very severe. Had to constantly use over-the-counter treatments.

The cravings got worse, and worse with time. And I eventually just caved in and went back to my old ways.
This was the one of the problems with that plan. It did not make a good long-term eating lifestyle.

You can eat near zero for a time to "shock" your metabolism into ketosis (fat burn) mode.
But I DO NOT recommend doing this any more often than you have to!
Our metabolisms have been damaged by carb abuse, yo-yo dieting, and other "shocks" throughout our lives.
The idea with FTS is to heal our bodies and metabolisms, not to damage them further.

My recommendation is to;

1) Stick to mainly zero carb foods, but be sure to eat some green veggies daily.
2) Avoid ALL sweetened foods and drinks (even those with zero net carbs).
3) Drink lots and lots of plain water (at LEAST 64 ounces a day. More when it's hot).
4) Take a vitamin/mineral supplement every day to get trace nutrients.
5) Get some exercise everyday like walking (not for weight loss, but to help your metabolism).
6) Get plenty of good sleep.

If you do these things, your added pounds will peel off quickly.
Then when your weight gets close to where it was before, add more carbs until you reach 20 net carbs or your progress stops,
whichever comes FIRST!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

madoctor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 01:15:03 PM »
Tony, I too have had a similar experience to rennard.  I joined FTS 3.5 weeks ago and its been up and down, but you guys have been so helpful and supportive that I'm getting back in the groove. 

Do you think it would be okay to do a zero day (or two) every week and would that help?  I love my greens and also took your advice about the metamucil caplets, thank you!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 05:52:53 PM »
Hello Renard, asking if there are replacements for foods with carbs makes me wonder if you've read any of or books? The magic of FTS is we replace all hi carb foods with low carb replacements. Click here to check out the different books- http://www.shop.fattoskinny.com    8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 08:38:34 PM »
With all the traveling - I did a couple days of zero carbs + green veggies.  Day 1 was tough after a few delicious but correct dinners out.  I also did not purposefully eat until I was so hungry that I would eat lettuce raw.  And that made the rest go so much easier to listen to if I was truly hungry.  I really did eat the raw lettuce/spinach too just to test myself that I wasn't justifying something :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 12:07:21 PM »
Hi, madoctor! :)

Somehow I missed your post... Sorry 'bout that! ::)

I have found that having an occasional 0-carb day will usually break a stall-out
by forcing the metabolism to speed up to get more energy from what we eat.
However, our bodies need the nutrition found in green veggies. Fiber supplements don't provide it.

I would think that no more than one day a week shouldn't be a problem.
But when you do, be sure to take more fiber and drink more water to avoid constipation.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

rennard

• View Profile
    • search marketing agency London
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 03:04:48 AM »
Thanks for all your advice.

madoctor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 06:46:00 PM »
Will do Tony.  Am going to try an almost 0 net carb day tomorrow.  Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks as always!