Author Topic: New Kid On the Block  (Read 2583 times)

FloridaMargo

• View Profile
    • Email
New Kid On the Block
« on: June 10, 2014, 01:57:44 PM »
I haven't begun the program yet, but have read the book. Absolutely fantastic. Finally understanding how our food impacts our bodies. I've cleaned out my cupboard and refrigerator, and very little is left inside.  I'm really afraid about giving up my bread. I am a bread-a-holic!  However, at my age (78) I really need to drop weight. Although I am not severely overweight, 150 is knocking on my door and if I continue in my present course, it should be anytime now. My wonderful Mom just passed away a few months ago, and she was overweight to the point she had trouble walking. One of her last statements to me was.."don't let this happen to you".  Since then I have been looking for an answer and I know Doug and Sherri have found the answer.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: New Kid On the Block
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 02:56:14 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, FloridaMargo!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

You do not have to let what happened to your mom, happen to you.

I'm 62 and spent most of my life trying to lose my excess fat. I did about everything short of surgery. Then in July 2010, I saw Doug on the 700 Club TV program. When I saw how much hidden sugar I was eating every year, I almost passed out!

Based on what I learned, I figured that I was averaging 150-300 net carbs a day! :o :o :o
My weight was 316 pounds with high blood pressure, elevated blood glucose, high triglycerides, and fouled up cholesterol. My doctor had me on five prescriptions to manage the mess I made of myself.

After 6 months living the FTS lifestyle, my doc took me off ALL meds and declared I was no longer type II diabetic!!! ;D

FTS will restore your health and remove your excess fat.
It will do this IF you commit yourself to it.
And we'll be right here to help support you on your journey whenever you need us.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 10:13:31 AM »
Welcome Margo! I am Umpa(sherri) ,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.Sorry about your mom passing.No worries I will teach you how to make bread.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.You are gonna do great and we are gonna help ;)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 10:35:36 AM »
Welcome FloridaMargo!

We're all here...in this together.

If you're worried about giving up bread there a lot of alternatives you can use instead of standard bread. Check out the recipe sections too!

Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 03:28:53 PM »
So glad you decided to live a healthier life FloridaMargo. Like SherriePie said, check out the the Delicious recipes on here!