Author Topic: My cholesterol  (Read 4770 times)

pamsway

• View Profile
    • Email
My cholesterol
« on: June 21, 2014, 10:42:39 PM »
I want to talk about my cholesterol and my weight gain. I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and these are my numbers.M y current weight is 205 from 200.  I have gained 5 pounds and my cholesterol is at 205. I told my doctor I want to try to lower my cholesterol with diet and exercise. My blood pressure is 120/70.  I do take a blood pressure pill.

I have to say I am not eating the way I should be. I could blame it partly on my husband for not encouraging me and bringing food into the house that I don't need to eat. But, I am not. Because I am not going to blame him entirely. I know in part I am to blame to because I should be able to "just say no" but I don't have the want to, yet.

That's where all of you are gonna need to comment and help me to stay on course. I can't get on here as much as I would like to but gonna try real hard to keep you all informed.

I am 61 years old, my knees hurt when I try to exercise and I get out of breath when I walk so please ideas are needed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: My cholesterol
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 01:27:54 PM »
Hi, Pam! :)

Assuming no other health condition is in play, high bad cholesterol can lowered by following the FTS lifestyle rules.
My cholesterol used to be quite high (where my doc prescribed statins for treatment).
But FTS cured my type II diabetes and straightened out my cholesterol and triglycerides.
If you stay 100% within the FTS rules, your cholesterol should straighten out.

Your BP of 120/70 is excellent. But that is likely due to the medication your taking.
FTS lowered mine into an excellent range without meds. It can do that for you, too! :) :) :)

I'm 62 years old, and despite my weight loss, my joints still give me grief.
At our age, our bodies don't support our joints like they used to. This is just part of getting older.
I take a glucosamine, chondroitin, & MSM supplement every day for this.
If you try this supplement, you may need to experiment with the dose until you find the right amount for you.
If you are taking prescribed medications, please check with your doctor or pharmacist, first.

As far as being out of breath, assuming you do not have a respiratory condition like COPD,
it just may be that you are overdoing it. Exercise involves strengthening and toning muscles.
You should find a pace (and amount) that works for you and stick to it.
Over time, you should be able to add amount and intensity.
I find that an early morning 5-mile brisk walk everyday does wonders for me. ;D
Again, I would caution that you check with your doctor to be sure it's safe for you to exercise.

I hope this helps you get where you want to be with your health!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 08:52:32 AM »
Pam you just have to make a decision that your health is important and take control of your life.In my experience over a lot of years ,I see that once the wives get happy and healthy the husbands follow suit.Who wants a unhappy wife???? :D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 03:24:28 PM »
Pam, Pam, Pam......all of your answers are on your plate. STOP eating incorrectly and all will be well. Your hubby gets NO BLAME for this. You know what to do, just do it :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)