Author Topic: weight-loss Does Happen!  (Read 5130 times)

Strucker

• View Profile
    • Email
weight-loss Does Happen!
« on: June 30, 2014, 02:40:42 PM »
Hey guys! I'm sorry I'm not on here that much. Been kinda crazy lately! But just wanted to inform yall...that, even though I still cannot see the difference!:( I've gone from a size 22 to a size 16 petite! I guess the jeans don't lie, huh?:) I guess like anything, it just takes dicipline, which once you and your body get used to it, really isn't hard at all. Cause the mother n law still buys donuts every week and by god, they sit there and go bad every week!  I've just gotten into such a routine now that stuff doesn't even phase me anymore. Yes I still have the cravings "every now and again," but not as bad and I b know how to deal with it. So, I'm getting there! I'm hoping this time next summer (now that I know it takes time for my body to adjust to everything!:) to at least be in a size 12 jeans? Wish me luck!:) I'm on a roll!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 09:46:35 AM by Doug Varrieur »

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Yay, how wonderful for you.  Good to see your strategies are working,  because it doesn't seem your MIL is going to change in the slightest bit.  She seems the real tenacious type.
Live and let live.... No way.

Again..yay for you.

Strucker

• View Profile
    • Email
LoL...oh the stories and the tears I could share with you!:) yall probably wouldn't believe half of it! Cause I dont! Lol...but I just figured if she wasn't going to change, by god I was gonna! And prove her wrong in the process?! Maybe! It's definitely been a challenge! I just had to figure out what worked for me! Who needs her and all those loaded down carbs anyway?:)

rennard

• View Profile
    • search marketing agency London
    • Email
I read your posts. All I can say is continue what you have started. Time will come that she will change if she will see good result from you. Its normal in us the attitude "to see is to believe".

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
YEAH YOU STEF!!! Told you so ! Success is the best revenge! :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D HOORAY, STEPHANIE!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You're doing absolutely great!

And as you've seen, occasional cravings for carbs decrease over time and slowly disappear.
This is exactly how it went for me. And my tobacco-free life has gone that way, too.
After 4 years, the occasional urge to smoke has completely disappeared as have the cravings for carb-laden junk.
Every once in a great while, I will catch the smell and sight of something bad and get a feeling of desire for it, but that feeling is never strong and always VERY short-lived.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Strucker

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks yall!:) it was super hard at first! I couldn't tell if it was me or her! & seriously...I just got "tired" of eating like that night after night! I figured if she wasn't gonna change I was! She got so fed up with me & me not eating the pancakes she used to make for me every morning! I just plain out told her, to not make breakfast for me anymore. I'm a grown woman I can fend for myself. That and I'm a tad bit stubborn too:)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
A Tad?? You are my evil twin! :D :D :D

Strucker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: weight-loss Does Happen!
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 11:22:01 AM »
@Umpa, you know it *insert evil laugh here!*

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 08:58:23 AM »
 :D :D :D * chunks potatoe salad at Stef!"

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 12:42:09 PM »
:D :D :D * chunks potatoe salad at Stef!"

Potato salad is fit for tossing, but NOT eating. :P
I hope our FTS family managed to avoid, and substitute for, it during yesterday's celebrations.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2014, 09:19:25 AM »
 :D :D :D

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 01:57:38 PM »
Congratulations Stef...I understand having someone in the household that still tries to serve tons of carbs for dinner.  My husband served pork chops, mashed potatoes and apple sauce (tons of sugor on label).  I had one cop and made a salad.  Sat down and he looked at my plate and didn't say anything.  Some times he just says..I just don't know what to make for you anymore.  I say...well, you and I both read the FTS book, and you were on it were a few months and losing weight....so it shouldn't be such a mystery to you.  lol.  Oh well, to each his own.  You have to be strong because it doesn't take much to slip and fall.  Just say.....NO!  Of course, if a very nice way say it.  They feel they mean well.  And your MIL - what else can she do with her life.  I don't know how old she is, but it probably gives her 'meaning' to her existence.  Too bad she couldn't just sit down with the FTS book and make life meaningful for you and appreciate where you are at and what you are trying to do.  You have the FTS family support.  Ellie

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 01:58:40 PM »
Okay, I meant to say, I had one CHOP

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2014, 09:50:36 AM »
You do great Ellie! :)