Author Topic: question about 20 grams of carbs, ketosis and weird taste in mouth!!  (Read 4973 times)

crystalhummer

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - slayermommy
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hi all!

This is the beginning of my 4th day and I have a couple of questions.  First, if you go over 20 carbs by a few does it stop your weight loss.  I'm just afraid if I don't count properly or have a small sip or bite of something that it will stop my loss.  Also my friend who did Atkins said that once you get in ketosis (which I assume we want) and you mess it up by going over the carbs and that everything stops and it takes about 3-4 days to get the ball rolling again.

Also, since I started I've had a weird taste in my mouth - kind of like a metal taste or even, and I know it sounds gross, a mothball type of taste.  I don't know if this is normal or perhaps because of a couple of new foods I've tried.  I've had one Zevia soda and thought there was a bit of an aftertaste that didn't want to go right away, and I've had the La Tortilla Factory tortillas and the low carb ice cream.  I couldn't find the Breyers so I got the Dreyers which I think is 6 grams.  I found out that the CarbSmart is at Frys (Kroger) and will get it there. 

Anyway, could this cause the taste in my mouth or what do you think?  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Francine

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: question about 20 grams of carbs, ketosis and weird taste in mouth!!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 06:39:33 PM »
Yes Keytones in your saliva can cause a weird taste and your tastebuds are actually waking up as you withdraw from sugar...foods will start to taste different.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

crystalhummer

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - slayermommy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 08:28:55 PM »
Ok then, good to know - I guess I'm doing something right then!  Thanks again for helping out.  BTW, Doug - I have to say your book was so good - it was basic and I loved the print like a text book.  It made so much  sense that after dieting for years I already knew deep down what was keeping me fat, but needed to be reminded rather vividly what was truly happening with my body and the food that all the companies shove down our throats with their advertising etc., Some books and programs are so technical that I just want ;D to go to sleep.  I've been on countless diets as many others have also probably been, but this just stuck in my head and said "THIS IS IT".

What is weird is that I saw a diet in a woman's magazine, you know - the kind that has a diet every week and they get my money every week, and I went to Barnes and Noble to find it.  I couldn't find it and couldn't remember the name of the book, but I perused all the books and yours just hit me!  I kept looking and went back to look at it three times and finally said - I really like this, this makes sooooooo much sense, and he's a REAL person like me!  The Lord was looking out for me and directing me to your book.

I just want to thank you for writing the book for others so we too can know the truth.  You are really an inspiration!!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 10:07:22 AM »
Crystalhummer you have only been on the program for about a week so keep in mind that you are also going through sugar withdrawals.Your body is detoxing like you do from drugs and alcohols.There is alot of info on the forum about this everybody goes through it! :)