Author Topic: Now For Our 18yr. old!  (Read 3316 times)

Strucker

• View Profile
    • Email
Now For Our 18yr. old!
« on: July 15, 2014, 10:24:28 AM »
I've been carb free, well under 20 carbs:) and to be honest, under 20 carbs isn't all that hard, with a little:) motivation. So I've been procrastinating with our 18yr. Old mainly because he has learning problems. I m h (intellectually mentally handicapped) and Does Not like change. And will fight (not really but you know) the change. But I have to do it. He is type 2 diabetic. Lord I know he is gonna fight us on this change. But we both know it has to be done. If I can do it, he can do it also! It's a shame. We can all change except the mil. She's right & we all are wrong. Even with the weight I've been loosing. She is still in denial.
Fyi; :) we talked to a loan officer on a house! It's still going to be a very very long process, but we're starting to get all our ducks in a row to see what we pre qualify for! *fingers crossed!*

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Now For Our 18yr. old!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 11:44:06 AM »
Hi, Stephanie! :)

I suggest you bring change to him slowly and stealthily.
Occasionally, serve him low-carb food (without his knowledge) and, over time increase the frequency.

Since your MIL seems bound and determined to make and keep high-carb poisons in the house,
I don't know how you can make your home truly "low carb".

Until you guys find a place of your own that YOU can control, this is going to be a long standing battle.
You and your family are in my prayers.

Tony

What you do today is what matters!

Strucker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 12:54:26 PM »
Lol...Tony this has been a battle with her on "Everything." So what's one more? I'm used to the arguing and discord that's in the house. It should be this way, especially when it comes to our health. I just keep remind myself what Doug said. I can't change her, but by god I will go down fighting for myself and my family. Go ahead & let her make her carbs. (They're not even food to me they're carbs & like you said poison.) I will not give in to her anymore. And thank you Tony for the prayers:) gonna need them. But it's her against me & she ain't gonna win!:)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 10:11:42 AM »
***FINGERS CROSSED***

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 12:27:56 PM »
Stephanie,

You have control what happens within your own heart and mind.
Like anything else, as you exercise that control, you WILL become stronger... Just NEVER give in or give up!

Over time, you will become so strong, your MIL will likely give up the conflict.
No one likes to fight a war they see they can never win.

May the Lord bless and keep you and yours during these trials.

Tony

Strucker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 01:52:43 PM »
Thanks guys:)

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 01:52:11 PM »
okay, i just came into this conversation.  You are in my prayers - but who is 'mil.'?????

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 05:29:02 PM »
okay, i just came into this conversation.  You are in my prayers - but who is 'mil.'?????

Hi, Ellie! :)

MIL or mil = Mother-In-Law.

Tony