Author Topic: One Year Ago (Update)!  (Read 10839 times)

jackibar

• View Profile
    • Gorden and Jacki's Place
One Year Ago (Update)!
« on: September 27, 2014, 09:32:55 AM »
Hi, Everyone!

Wow, I can hardly believe it's been a year ago this month that I'd been in the hospital with dangerously high blood sugar because of my out of control eating and when I got out I started FTS...  My blood sugar came down immediately, the swelling in my legs went away immediately, and the weight started dropping off immediately!  My A1C dropped from 9.8 to 5.6 in just 3 months. My cholesterol went from 246 to 157.  All my inflammatory markers are in the normal range for the first time ever!

Those first few months the weight came off quickly (50 lbs.) but then I hit a plateau that just wouldn't break for some time.  I ended up with tons of stress going on in my life which is probably the culprit - some eating slip ups happened but even when I was "doing well" the weight wouldn't budge.  My mother-in-law lived with us (94 years old) and her dementia had gotten really bad and I was the one here with her all day and losing sleep because she would talk all night to "the people in the room" who weren't really there.  She passed away at the end of May and about that time I developed severe back/leg pain (sciatica) for no apparent reason and was in excruciating pain 24/7 - found out I have 2 herniated discs.  Got some relief from a steroid shot but it came back and now I'm undergoing spinal decompression through my chiropractor so that's quite a bit better now too.

Anyway!  All that to say my plateau FINALLY broke - of all things - while I was on VACATION at DISNEY!!  I just got determined I was NOT going to "mess up" even though I was on vacation (which is usually the time I just do what I want) - but my choice was to keep going because the weight had slowly started coming off again.  So now - a year after beginning - I'm down 73 lbs.!!  I just had a closet cleaning the other day and had a pile SOOOO high of clothes that are now hanging on me that I was told I need to get rid of lol!  So I've gone from 5x down to 2x now!!  Finally got under the 260 mark into the 250's - can hardly wait for the next goal of being in the 240's :)

I also need knee replacements in both knees but my doctor won't do it until I'm out of the morbidly obese category which for me will be when I get down to 232 - which is not so far away any more!

Just wanted to let y'all know how I'm doing and to you new folks - please believe THIS WORKS!!!! You just have to stick with it no matter what and even if you hit a loooonnnnngggg plateau - it WILL eventually break if you just don't give up!

- Jacki
Join our [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss Forum[/url] Community Today!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: One Year Ago (Update)!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 10:04:04 AM »
YAY JACKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you, you go girl :) remember every pound you lose takes 4 pounds of pressure off your knees.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 10:13:23 AM »
THAT IS WONDERFUL!!!! I told you ,you can do this!!! YEAH YOU!!!! ;D ;D

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 10:41:51 AM »
That is awesome!!!!    :D :D :D  Congratulations Jacki!!   That is all you girl...you did that!!  Now take a bow

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 01:06:51 PM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  HOORAY, JACKI!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I am so happy for you!!! :) :) :) :) :)
And am proud of you for not giving in to all the junk to eat at Disney.

But I'm a little sad to hear about your family's loss.
Even though your MIL was a source of stress, it's never easy to lose a family member.

Please don't be such a stranger.
We love to hear from you!!!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 02:28:35 PM »
Sorry about your personal trials but

WOO HOO on the good news  :D  :D

Well done.

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 01:14:56 PM »
Wow Jackie!!! So, so happy you stuck through it and your plateau is gone!! Now you are an inspiration!

Joagain

• You can have excuses or results you cant have both
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 07:29:45 AM »
Yeah for you girl , you must feel like a new person !

You can have excuses or results you cant have both !

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 12:27:32 PM »
Hi, Jo! :) :) :)

You've been missed around here!... I hope you and Tyler are doing well!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

jackibar

• View Profile
    • Gorden and Jacki's Place
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 09:13:58 AM »
Thanks a bunch, everyone!

And since my post, I've gotten even more good news! I saw my diabetes doctor last week and my lipid profile is so good that she asked if I was on any Statin drugs! I'm not, of course, so I just told her no it's the low-carb diet I'm doing! She was quite impressed to say the least. Because when I first saw her she gave me a Statin and then got mad when I wouldn't take it. But I've heard so many bad things about those drugs that I didn't want to add to my problems. Now I'm so glad I never got on them!

And yes, everyone, it was most definitely hard to lose my precious mother-in-law because she was absolutely wonderful to me... But wow, near the end she was literally begging God to please take her home. She was so ready to go. And she was getting sadder by the day. It was very difficult to watch her decline so rapidly, but it gave us joy to know that she lived 94 wonderful years.
Join our [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss Forum[/url] Community Today!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 09:40:05 AM »
I am sorry for your loss :(

shawn116

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 03:15:33 PM »
Awww  I'm so sorry for your lose Jacki

Sharlet2808

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2014, 05:25:38 PM »
Im recommitting to this bc of high blood sugar, high blood pressure, and edema in my legs.

Sheila

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2014, 01:56:42 AM »
Way to go shiela - doesn't matter how many times we stumble, it matters that we keep going. :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2014, 09:33:24 AM »
Good for you Sharlet2808! You can do this and we are going to help you! ;D