Author Topic: Help finding products  (Read 2254 times)

twinsma

• View Profile
    • Email
Help finding products
« on: November 24, 2014, 11:11:35 AM »
I began fat to skinny diet today and shopped 3 hours Sunday trying to find some of the items recommended but found few.  Just purchase the Cripsbread from your site but find some items really add up on Amazon.  Public Store only had higher calorie Tastykake and recommended items (cho chip) not on list at Amazon and LaTortilla Factory on Amazon is costly so having a few road blocks to begin.  Also, what about beef and chicken liver? Is it allowed?  Looking forward to having good results with this program.  Thanks, twinma

shawn116

Re: Help finding products
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 10:07:23 PM »
Hi twinma  welcome to the forum!!  :)
I feel your pain there.  Buying special products sure can be costly.  I purchase some items from Amazon because I am a prime member and get free shipping, but to be honest if I order online here:  http://www.netrition.com/.  I like to wait until I have a good list going to order because they have $4.99 flat rate shipping no matter how big your order is.  I live in a small town and usually have to drive to several neighboring towns to find things or in most cases "not find things" haha...ordering and having it arrive at my door sure beats that and saves on gas too  :D :D   The best part about this lifestyle though....you don't really have to use anything special to succeed.   Be careful of the organ meat as while most are still low, they do have varying carb counts.  I'm very stingy with my carbs so anything that has them I have to really really want it.  Here is a site I keep book marked to check for carb counts.  http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/  We are all here to help each other so don't be a stranger   ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Help finding products
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 12:27:23 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, twinsma!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Like other sugar-free foods, they tend to cost more than those with sugar.

If you rely on proteins like chicken, eggs, fish, most cheeses, pork, beef, as well as
greens like lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, turnips, etc., your food budget won't
be hit as hard. It's a matter of adjusting what you buy.

Just remember to read food labels for cheeses and other prepackaged foods for carb counts.

Also, be mindful of your portion sizes.
Eating what we need and not what we want, saves money! ;D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!