Author Topic: Weigh in day...I'm disappointed...  (Read 10039 times)

sbclark

• View Profile
Weigh in day...I'm disappointed...
« on: June 28, 2010, 09:02:36 PM »
I weighed in this morning after waiting 2 weeks.
I have been feeling great and thought I had done well.
I was down ONE pound.

Sometimes I wonder if I eat enough...
I am going to give it another shot for another 2 weeks. I will try to add new
foods, I have really been repeating the same favorite things over and over.
Sandy  :-X
Started 6/1/10

CJ

• View Profile
Re: Weigh in day...I'm disappointed...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 08:50:03 AM »
Me too, what's up with that. I have been under 20-30 grams of carbs and doing well. I have not lost any more weight..... so disappointed
I'm Blessed!!

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 09:06:46 AM »
that sucks :'( hey you dont have to use all 20 carbs,remember dougs car vs fuel analogy?? carbs are the fuel & your body is the car,put in less fuel or drive the car more often,either or both will accelerate your weight loss....also i would have to ask you both to review your food intake,maybe something is sneaking into your body that you are not aware of that has carbs hiding in it, i hope you both have better results at your next weigh in ;)

owensmath

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 10:13:50 AM »
I'm stuck, too. I am bouncing around between minus 14 and minus 17 all the time. My blood sugar has been good, though, and that's the real reason I started this new lifestyle. I'm going to do what Katary did and re-read the book and start fresh. I just have to get it next week when I go to Florida to see my parents because I sent it to them and they are living the life, too! I pick up my blood test results this afternoon after 2 p.m. and I am really looking forward to seeing my hA1C number. Last time, it was 11....horrible....that's how the doctor discovered that I have type 2 diabetes....I want to have it NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 10:47:56 AM »
20-30 carbs are not under 20. At 20-30 carbs you won't gain weight but you won't lose it either.Its food journal time.You are missing something???(Splenda is usually the culprit )Low sugar doesn't mean you can eat huge portions or all you want.But let me ask you this ladies, after 2 weeks how do you feel???How do your clothes feel??By now you should almost be done detoxing from sugar, your energy level should be high and your sugar balanced.Spend a dollar and get a tape measure, we find with women even when they are not losing pounds they are losing inches or sizes.The weight will come off, you will succeed! ;D

owensmath

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 11:13:36 AM »
I started this lifestyle after Doug's April 7th appearance on the 700 Club. I may get discouraged from time to time, but I have not, and will not, put sugar in my mouth again. I know that in the long run, I will lose the weight. I haven't added any exercise into my routine, not even walking, so that is my fault. I'm working on my Ed. S. Degree (in between master's and doctorate) in addition to being a full time teacher, mother, and pastor's wife. I have a million excuses, but I need to get off my butt and on my feet more.
I feel so much better even though I would really like to be a lot lighter at this point. I know it will come off eventually. It's been 2 1/2 months already and I haven't lost as much weight as many others, but I have lost some. I'm not going back to the poison eating ways I used to follow.
When I get discouraged, I think about what I may have done that I need to do differently. I'm not baking as many of the low carb/SF sweets as I used to make, either.
I'm rambling, so I'll shut up now!  :-X

SouthCarolinaLady

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 01:41:06 PM »
I saw Doug on the 700 Club on Thursday night, June 3rd.  I bought the book the next day and started the program.  I am in week 4 and have not lost but one pound, but I know I have lost inches based on my clothes.  I am losing like a turtle, but will stay the course.  I have said bye to skim milk and enjoy Almond Breeze milk (unsweetened) by Blue Diamond and have made many other better, new choices for food.  Be strong in the Lord and remember the name of JESUS is the most powerful name in the world, and by His love, grace, mercy, faithfulness, etc. I will lose this weight, take better care of my temple and praise His Name all the way to the skinny finish line -- run the race with me and have a great day!     SouthCarolinaLady  (Susie)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 02:59:15 PM »
I'm asked all the time about time frames and weight loss. Why does one person lose weight faster than another, why do men seem to drop weight faster than woman, what do I have to do to speed this up..... Here's the answer. Everyone is different, we all have different lifestyles, live in different parts of the country have different metabolisms, some of us are on certain meds that others aren't on, our ages are different, heck some of us have stairs to climb while others live in a single story house. There's all kinds of subtle differences between us all but we all have one thing in common, we are all human. the science of glucose, fat cell formation, fat cell burning and fat cell storage  doesn't differ from one to another, only the subtle factors influencing these processes differs between us. If you aren't dropping weight at 20 carbs per day drop the carb intake lower...and lower....and lower until your body starts to respond by using FAT as fuel. Make sure your portion sizes are in line....see the post on FAT TO SKINNY portion sizes and stick to it.

You are in control here, none else. It's up to you to find that magic number that makes your body respond. I personally NEVER exceed 20 carbs per day and haven't for years, most days I don't even get close. My body is very sensitive to sugar and I gain weight just walking down the bread isle! For most people 20 is a great number to stick with and for most people 20 or slightly under works just fine, for others like myself we need to be more strict about our carb intake.

Now with all that said let's talk time frame. Like Umpa pointed out "how do you feel" are you eating good, is your energy high, do you feel more healthy? If you answer yes to these questions then you're well on your way to success, remember...this is not a race,  now you simply need to tweak your program to your personal needs, the weight will come off if you give it no choice but to be used as fuel.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 04:55:29 PM »
Yeah but Owensmath what are your sugar numbers?? They should be leveled out :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 05:04:31 PM »

Below is a quote from owensmath she posted today.This is success!!! She hasn't lost 50 pounds but she has gotten control of her health!I am so proud of you owensmath! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

In March my hA1C was 11. Yesterday's test was 6.4. I cannot wait to see my doctor's face on Thursday when he reads those results. They also checked liver and lipids but I don't know my starting numbers on that.

Phil

• Realize how rotten sugar is for your health.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 08:23:21 PM »
I have to comment on your comment Doug, about guys lose faster than women there are exceptions, ME!! I have been stuck for a while now. My weight has been hovering BUT my blood work energy levels are fantastic so I can not complain just try harder and try to pick everyone's brains. I know I will get it. I have been on so many other worthless diets this is the first one that's worked this well. My A1C has gone from 10-6.8 and my triglycerides went from high 300's to 114 the weights just slow to go.
And if I claim to be a wise man. It surely means that I don't know... Kansas

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 08:47:40 PM »
Yea, sometimes it just takes time, plateaus hit and sometimes last for weeks then boom! 6 pounds disappear. If I do your math right your now down 47 pounds?? You'll get there, everyone will...it's only a matter of time. Question, since you added exercise to your routine have you found inches coming off but weight staying the same? If so you're developing muscle weight which needs to be factored into the equation.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 09:27:36 PM »
Phil you lost 47 pounds ?? Good for you my friend!! ;D ;D

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 09:35:01 PM »
 ;D you guys need to get with the program,as you can see FTS has made me very desirable :o   

here are my April 12Th pic & what i look like today :D

sbclark

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 10:52:21 PM »
First of all, let me say, I am NOT giving up!
I do feel better, more energy...I sleep better too.

My 2 sisters are doing this with me and one of them has lost 13 lbs.
She checks in with me daily and asks how I am...today she suggested I lay off
the cheese (which I never really used to eat much but have a ton the past month)
and add more fresh veggies as snacks.  Another thing I have been eating a TON of is nuts, roasted walnuts...I eat them like popcorn.
I'm going to tweek this a little bit and see how I do...
I will let you all know.
I went out today and bought Almond Milk, you don't even know how much I miss milk. I am saving that for my snack tonight.
I wanted to buy heavy cream but the small carton was $5.99, I was like HOLYYYYYYYY!!  Not happening...so my whipped snack has to wait. :( Sandy  ;)
Started 6/1/10