Author Topic: Re: Supporting my husband.  (Read 9178 times)

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
Re: Supporting my husband.
« on: July 02, 2010, 10:12:01 PM »
We have been on the program for one month now.  I have very exciting news!!  Doug's blood sugar has FINALLY come down to within the normal range even after a meal (for a diabetic.)  He is using very little if any insulin anymore, down from 4 shots a day including one long-acting.  .  He is still having trouble with his eyes, but I believe they are going to improve.  The retinologist is treating them aggressively and hopefully once he finishes all the treatments with a new prescription for glasses he will be able to get his driver's license renewed.  I am very excited.  The bonus for me is that I have dropped 4 lbs.

I told Doug when he showed me his glucose reading tonight (after a meal of stir fried cabbage, bok choy, peppers and chicken with chopped roasted almonds on top for crunch) and it was 140 that I would rather have that than all the diamonds in the world.  ;D

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

Joanne

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 11:00:15 AM »
WOOHOO!

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 11:23:50 AM »
w00t! ;D

paulachappell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 02:09:34 PM »
I found a new tool today I would like to share.  It is a software program called Cook'n and it is pretty amazing.  I was looking for a way to organize all of my recipes from every source in one place without having to print them out.  I paid $59 for this program which may seem like a lot but for the amount of time it will save for what I am trying to do it is well worth it.  It will supply all the nutritional information for any recipe you add as well as adapt the recipe size for the number of people you are cooking for. There are many other features, including one where you can click and drag recipes for a weekly menu and then it will print out a shopping list for you based  on your menu selections.  Might not be for everyone but I just had to share.  I was able to download it right to my computer and begin learning and using it immediately.  It includes great tutorials. :o

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 05:06:03 PM »
Ohhh WOW!! That sounds awesome. What's it called and where did you get it? beebs wants this....and a grindy thing....

paulachappell

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 05:28:00 PM »
It is called "Cook'n".  I did a search for online recipe organizer and a bunch of stuff came up but this seesm like the best one.  Here is a link: http://www.dvo.com/gcookn.html?CID=g_recipeorganizer&gclid=CJiow9-o1aICFcxh2godmVILyw

paulachappell

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 06:20:37 AM »
Drum roll.............Doug has lost 10 lbs, it was slow but I think his metabolism has finally adjusted to this new WOE.  I have lost another 2 lbs which makes my total 6.  I am so happy and I think this was just the right encouragement for Doug at the right time.  I fixed the Macafoney and Cheese last night for the first time, WOW!  We loved it and such a small amount was so satisfying.  I don't think I ate even a full cup and it filled me up for the rest of the evening.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 08:29:48 AM »
I'm so happy for you and Doug. You've come a good stretch from your initial post and well on your way to becoming a healthy couple. :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 08:45:24 AM »
w00t!!!  ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 04:56:45 PM »
Go Doug!!!you must be so happy Paula! ;D ;D ;D

paulachappell

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 06:46:53 PM »
Moving that ticker......10 lbs gone, 9 more to goal.  The biggest difference I've noticed  cutting sugar and carbs is it seems to all go from my gut,  I love that!!!

toddy44

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 08:08:00 PM »
Oh I love the sound of that too Paula.
I am so tired of having this spare tire....monster truck size....its gotta go!

Well done to you both,

Linda

paulachappell

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 06:27:18 AM »
Thanks Linda.  I had previously lost 45 lbs on Weight Watchers and gained 10 of it back.  I love the FTS way of eating because once you convert your kitchen and menu, you don't have to worry so much about what you eat.  I stay satisfied.  Sometimes I was still hungry on Weight Watchers after I had used all my points.  And, I never seemed to get rid of the muffin top even though I was exercising like crazy! I also love the challenge of coming up with new recipes for low carb eating!  :)

Ocean Blue

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 06:46:05 AM »
Isn't it nice when something works the way it is supposed to? Continued success to you and your husband.

paulachappell

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 07:03:46 PM »
Doug has now lost 20 lbs!!!!  I put my arm around him the other night and guess what? I felt ribs!!
[move] ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D[/move]