Author Topic: Hey Y'all - It's me Lala K  (Read 2991 times)

LalaK

• View Profile
Hey Y'all - It's me Lala K
« on: January 22, 2015, 10:54:14 PM »
Howdy!!!!

The last time I posted, I was asking for help making it through the holidays.  That was back in mid November when my doc first recommended low carb.       Guess What??  I made it through the tough months.  :) With the tips, ideas and encouragement I received from y'all, I managed to get through the holidays and still lose weight.  Doug, Umpa and all the crew -- Thank You  ;D-  I feel like I am finally on the right track  - I can hardly wait to see my Dr next month and see his reaction at my weight loss and blood work.
 Oh btw did I mention how I made it thru the holidays????  I allowed myself -ONE DAY of indulgence and made sure I carried low carb alternatives to cover after the ONE DAY indulgence and stuck to my convictions. hmmmm - wonder who gave me that idea????   ;D   
 I thank God first and foremost for the grace and strength to stick to the FTS lifestyle and for allowing me to  "happen" across the FTS book (hard copy LOL) and also to you, Doug, for telling us all about it.  God Bless You Bro.!   I am almost halfway to my goal .  I just wanted to share my thoughts on FTS and encourage others. -- Blessings LaLa K

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hey Y'all - It's me Lala K
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 08:43:06 AM »
You are doing great Lala! I am so proud of you!!!! ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 08:46:00 AM »
Hi Lala, congrats on the 30 pounds gone! The day of indulgence can really throw you off track in the future so I suggest you make that history. Carbs are soooo addictive! Kinda like the person who quits smoking then allows themselves one cig per week. Eventually they'll start smoking full time again. Thanks for the update, don't be a stranger and let us know some of your fav recipes :)

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 02:04:20 PM »
Congratulations on the 30 pound loss, LaLa K!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

But Doug is right. Flirting with the object of our addiction (carbs), we tempt failure.
Not to mention, doing that will continue damaging our metabolisms.

Virtually all of us have some form of insulin resistance issues due to years of high-carb consumption.
That's a symptom of damaged metabolisms caused by high blood sugar inflammation.

That being said, if we ever slip, we can get back on track with FTS.
And of course, we're always here to help. :)

God Bless,
Tony
What you do today is what matters!