Author Topic: My Fathers day dinner tonight...... Roasted Prime Rib!  (Read 3827 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
My Fathers day dinner tonight...... Roasted Prime Rib!
« on: June 21, 2015, 09:51:04 AM »
YEAH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fathers Day! I love prime rib, don't you? Yesterday I went down the mountain to find one and was pleasantly surprised to discover a sale! Reg $12.99 per pound down to $7.99 per pound. I snatched one up, grabbed some fresh strawberries, blueberries and heavy whipping cream. Tonight's dinner will be roast prime rib, twice baked cheesy caulimash, green salad and fresh berries with whipped cream for dessert. Of course a glass of Champagne for good measure  ::)

Allot of people are a bit shy about cooking a standing rib roast after all messing up a $50.00 chunk of meat can ruin ones day  :-\ Here's a fool proof recipe to cook your rib without worry.

Roasted Standing Prime Rib Instructions from page 575 and 576 of the FAT TO SKINNY Low Carb Cookbook

FAIL PROOF DRY ROAST METHOD for BEEF

Season your roast beef with preferred herbs and spices. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.  Note- to tall a pan will result in insufficient browning

Buy an oven safe meat thermometer and stick it into the thickest part of the meat. Be sure to stop in the middle and to avoid the bone.
Do not add water, do not cover. Roast meat uncovered up to 5 degrees below desired doneness then remove from oven. Beef will continue to cook for the next ten to fifteen minutes on your counter. This will result in the desired finished doneness.

Let roast stand 20 minutes before slicing, As mentioned earlier, this allows the juices to coagulate and avoids a dry roast result.

PRIME RIB CHART

Roast Size   Roast Weight   Total Cooking Time   Internal Temperature
Rare
2 rib roast   3.75 to 5 pounds   55-70 minutes   120 degrees
3 rib roast   5.75 to 8 pounds   1 ½    hours to 1 ¾  hours   120 degrees
4 rib roast   8.75 to 10 pounds   1 ¾ hours to 2 ¼ hours   120 degrees
5 rib roast   10.75 to 13 pounds   2  ¼  hours to 2 ¾  hours   120 degrees
6 rib roast   13.75 to 16 pounds   3  hours to 3 ¼ hours   120 degrees
7 rib roast   16.75 to 19 pounds   3 ¼  hours to 4 hours   120 degrees

How do you like your meat?

Choice   Internal Temp   Color

Rare   120 to 125 degrees   bright red
Medium Rare   130 to 135 degrees   Light red, with slight brown around edges
Medium    140 to 145 degrees   Pink center, wide brown edges
Medium Well    150 to 155 degrees   No visible pink color
Well Done   160 degrees and above   Brown throughout

Go ahead, roast a beef!

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)