Author Topic: Summer Road Tripping!  (Read 3178 times)

AliciaInTX

Summer Road Tripping!
« on: June 20, 2015, 04:18:29 PM »
Hey guys!!

It's been a while; I hope you are all well!  Busy life has kept me away from the forum but not away from FTS! My daughter was recently married and at her wedding, I had so many friends ask what I'm doing to keep the weight off. I talked you up bigtime, Doug!  ;D 

I've become very comfortable eating FTS at home and have found some great alternatives when we're out on the town....but I'm a little stumped at the prospect of a 4 day road trip! I was thinking I'd make a few OMMs to bring and toast in the mornings at the hotels and I'll bring along a package of low carb tortillas to get me through some meals....I love using them for hamburgers and other sandwiches (I even asked the folks at Subway to make me a philly-steak sandwich with one once!) but I'd love some snack ideas. I think I'll probably make some cheese crisps and maybe cut up some celery and will bring along some beef jerky, as well. Any other ideas? What about sweet stuff for the road? I have become accustomed to my evening snack of jello with whipping cream and strawberries here at home. Any ideas for travel friendly sweets? We'll be going through hot country but I'll have a cooler along, so I can keep stuff cool!

Thanks in advance!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Summer Road Tripping!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 09:32:40 AM »
Hi Alicia, thanks for "talking me up" :) Didi you know Walmart sells Jello sugar free singles? A few packs of these, a can of Reddiwip, a container of strawberries and you have a party in the cooler!  8)

When I travel I also carry a cooler. I like hard boiled eggs already peeled and placed in a zip lock bag drenched with spray butter and spicy cajun seasoning. Prepackaged cheese sticks, beef jerky, tortillas, almonds are all staples. Deli roll ups are a breeze on the road. I make it a point to stop every few hours to stretch my legs and let the puppies out. A grocery store parking lot makes a good stopping point. A quick trip to the deli gives me everything I need.  ::)

Have fun!!!!!!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 01:37:11 PM »
Hi Alicia, :)

Nice to hear from you again!

Jello sugar free regular and puddings are my go-to snack.
I just top with some SF whipped cream, and I've got a nice snack.
They also make great desserts on hot evenings. ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

AliciaInTX

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 05:32:00 PM »
Thanks, guys! I do buy the little containers of jello....haven't eaten the sugar free pudding, though. For some reason, I thought it was higher in carbs.

Thanks!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 08:43:43 AM »
Nice to see you again Alicia! :)